Chapter 27- Start of a New Life

The title says it all.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Annabeth's POV

As I walk into the school, Julien walked beside me. Apparently, he's just a street away from me. And that's okay with me.

It's been two months since that accident. I miss him. I really do. But I have to move on. I have to live my life greatly, as what he said.

I know I couldn't "Live my life Great" if he isn't here. But I'm desperately trying.

I joined every contest for academics. I participated in many school events. I enjoyed being with my friends and family. But it still isn't great.

I have a new friend, good in academics and one of the students having A in his card. He's nice to me and my friends. He seems to get along just fine.

"Did you review? The test will be today." He said and looked at the papers in front of him.

"No. I don't need to." I said and he just looked at me like I'm crazy.

"Yeah, right. Smarty pants." He said and shook his head unbelievably.

We went towards our own classes and I sat in the bleachers with Thalia. Unfortunately, our first subject is Gym.

"Hey Thals."

"Dont call me Thals, Annie." She rolled her eyes.

"Dont call me Annie, Thals." I rolled my eyes as well.

"Are you okay, Annabeth?" She asked generously, eager to know.

"I will never be okay, Thalia. You know that."

"It's just...you arent smiling anymore. You arent laughing like you used to. Don't let his death affect you too much." She said as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"I miss him..." A single tear flowed down and I quickly brushed it off.

Thalia said soothing words as she hug me.

"Annie, we're still here. You're not alone. Just...just try to call us for once if you need comfort, okay?"

"Yeah, sure." I nodded my head. Thalia is still hugging me.

"Maybe Alexander can help you..." She said, portraying to Julien.

"Maybe. Maybe he can help."

"Good. Now, I got to go to my next class. See you at lunch, Annie." She said and picked her black bag heading towards the door.

As soon as she said that, the bell rung.

I picked up my bag and got out of the gym as well. My eyes were red but I didnt care. I have tests today.

As I was walking, I saw Julien.

He waved at me but I didnt turn to look at him.

I almost walked past him but he grabbed my arms.

"What's the problem, Anna?"

"Nothing...Xander."

"You dont call me Xander. You call me Julien... I know you have a problem, Annabeth."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know you."

I sighed. I couldnt tell him, could I?

Instead of forcing me to say it, he hugged me.

And I couldnt help but to hug back.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||