Chapter 50- Thou Shall Have A Happy Ending

Disclaimer: If I own them, why would I bother to write fanfictions when I could actually write a book?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy's POV

"I guess this is goodbye..." I looked at Rachel smiling sadly as I coated myself in a tight jacket.

"Don't. I hate goodbyes. You should have said 'See you later'." She punched me in the stomach in a fairly kind gesture, but I guess it did hurt a lot.

"Well, then...fine. See you whenever, Dare." I chuckled weakly as I engulf her in a tight hug, knowing it would be the last.

"You too, Jackson...weird calling you Jackson, you know? Be good to Annabeth or I'll kick your sorry butt if you don't." She looked at Annabeth, who was packing her luggage and hugging some of our friends.

I glanced at her too, admiring her from afar.

"I'll keep her. I promise."

"You better."

I nodded, leaving her to say goodbye to our other friends as I look at her one last time. We were finally heading to New York...running away...as what I put it. We were running away from the wedding that would have been a month from now. Rachel, being the best, agreed to borrow her savings as our payment for the tickets. Mr. Dare's really trying to convince us to do it now, but his daughter finally found a way to distract her. We were grateful for Rachel's help.

"You ready to go?" I asked Annabeth, who hugged Piper goodbye. Piper decided to stay for a year so she could finish her study which she really seriously like. Jason Grace would be going here so he can study here too.

"Well, I'm not really 'ready' ready..." She smiled again.

I have to admit it but...for two months, Annabeth's bump (a/n: first time to write this word and I'm not getting the hang of it.) was kinda showy. She had to wear sweater to hide it. Yes, my mom's really excited and happy that I'd be able to go there (finally) and she'd see her son again. But when I told her I got Annabeth pregnant, she lectured me for hours and she nearly threw a frying pan at the computer screen. My dad fainted on the background.

"Think you'd like it if I propose to you now?" I asked, grinning widely.

"We're already engaged."

"Oh..."

"Yeah. You forgot didn't you, Seaweed Brain?" She pinched my cheek, which she always do nowadays. Some habit of her, I guess.

"Well then we should head to the church. What do you say?" I asked. I sometimes wonder how I could just blurt things like that. I guess I hate formalities and all but...you know what? Whatever.

"Whatever, Percy. Help me with this luggage." That's my Annabeth. I sometimes think that if I ever paused midway in putting the ring on her, she would have said 'well? Get the ring already' or something beneath those lines. Some girl she is, but I love her anyway.

I helped her put it on the scanner.

"Wait! Guys!" I heard a faint sound from the distance as we headed inside. I stopped in my tracks.

When I turn around, I almost lost my balance as Ian hugged me so tight, throwing himself on my direction.

"We'll come too!" He said as he ruffled my hair while I tell him to get his hands off me.

"Yeah...Ian insisted that we should follow you." Toby rolled his eyes while putting his hands on his pocket. Zach's hair was tousled and all bed head and his expression clearly states that he's sleep deprived.