Chapter 2- Our Friendship Starts

Percy's POV

Its been 3 months since theyve got here. Annabeth still hates me. Whats with girls? I just wanted to be friends with her.

"Percy, youll be late for school." My mother called me.

"Coming..." I slid off my bed and headed downstairs. I walked to the kitchen and ate blue pancakes. I headed to the bathroom and about twenty minutes, I was dressed up. A white uniform with a black neck-tie that says 'Goode' and a black slacks. My cousin Hermes is waiting for me at our van.

"Morning Uncle!" I opened the door. Cousin Hermes is our driver. He have brown hair and brown eyes. Hes probably 25 years old right now. He likes travelling. Im usually with him if I want to get out of the house and go to Time Zone.

"Sup, Kiddo?" He asked. I sat in front of the car and buckled up. A few minutes of driving, I saw Annabeth with her mom on the road walking.

"Wait. Would you mind if we give a ride?" I asked Uncle. He nodded. We stopped in front of them and I opened the car door.

"Auntie Athena!" I exclaimed. I gestured them to go inside.

"Arent you sweet?" She went inside with Annabeth by her side.

"So Ive heard." I chuckled. She smiled and Annabeth rolled her eyes. Just then I realize, Hermes and Athena are in my car. Greek mythology. I learned that in class. Its funny, My father is Poseidon, my cousin is Hermes. My older Uncle is Zeus, My younger Uncle is Hades. My cousin Hermes is my Uncle Zeus' Son. And Im Perseus--I guess theyre a fan. After about ten minutes, the car stopped in front of our school. I went out from the car with Annabeth. Auntie Athena led us to the gate. I told Hermes to give her a ride home. I walked with Annabeth by my side.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked her.

"Because youre a boy." She didnt looked at me.

"Whats the problem with that?" I asked. She left me there.

I sighed and walked towards my room. Annabeth and I have the same schedules and the same room. And coincidence, my seat is beside her.

TIME SKIPPED

She didnt talk to me the whole day. She either raise her hand to recite or read her book. I kept asking her why does she hate me, she didnt respond at all. I walked towards the canteen to pick up Annabeth. I saw her being surrounded by other boys. One boy pinned her to the ground. I ran towards her and knocked other boys. I punched and kicked them.
I was angry. First, no boy with dignity can fight a girl...although I dont know whats a dignity. Mom told me that. Second, Annabeth is...uhhmm ...my friend. They should not hurt her. I gave her backpack that was lying on the floor. I grabbed her hand and walked out off the canteen.

"You could have been hurt!" I exclaimed. She looked at the ground.
The van stopped in front of us and Hermes opened the door. We get in.
We drove in silence. Annabeths mom is beside her. Asking her what happened. Athena thanked me. I smiled slightly. We got out of the car and they walked to their house while I walked to mine. A small smile etched at my face. A smile of relief.

"Hows your day?" My mom asked. She's watching T.V. about news.

"Fine. I'll just go to my room." I said. She got up and kissed my cheeks.
I went to the elevator since Im super tired. The floor dinged when Im on third floor. A hallway led to my huge room. Its colored blue. With windows in front so I can see Annabeth's house. A huge T.V with lots of video games at the back. A bedroom at the middle.

I looked at Annabeth. I may have a slightest teeny tiny crush on her. Her window is beside her bed. I can see her everyday, reading. She looked at me and I pretended to look at the sky.

At our dinner, Annabeth came in our house. She smiled at me. I gestured her to come to our backyard since she said that she wanted to talk to me.

"This is for you." She smiled at me .

"Thanks." I said.

"Thanks for saving me today. I was wondering if...we could be friends?" She asked.

"Of course! I really wanted to be friends with you." I smiled.

"But. I thought you hate me." I asked.

"Because your a boy. I thought boys are so rude, harsh etc. Youre different." She said. I smiled and raised my pinky finger.

"Friends forever?" I asked. She raised her pinky finger and intertwined to mine.

"Friends forever." She smiled.