25. I'm Ready. . .

25.

BOOM!

I know someone has died. I jerk my head up, and try to remove myself from the tent. Being so snug inside my sleeping bag, I feel irritated that someone had to choose to die now…

A headshot appears in the dark sky, and I recognize it as the girl as the one that has been travelling with Prim and Haymitch, well had been travelling with them. Did they kill her? Or was it a natural cause? I seriously don’t know; just what the Capitol wants us to think. I fall back into my sleeping bag, the sound of snores filling in all around me. Curse this world for giving us such strong snores…they really do your head in.

“Clove?” I hear a tiny voice mutter out. Instantly I assume its Cato, and crawl over to him. It isn’t too far since he insisted on sleeping next to me. But as I stoop over him I notice that his eyes are still firmly closed and he’s sleeping heavily. Who was it? Not Cashmere, not Finnick nor Beetee or Wiress.

“I’m out here,” the voice says again, a little bit more impatiently. Again I stumble out into the cold night, my body screaming at me to retreat.

“Prim?” I ask, it has to be her. A figure emerges from in front of me and walks slowly towards me their two braids swinging at both sides.

“What are you doing here?” I snarl at her as she comes into my full view. In the dark she almost looks relaxed and at home...

“I was sent this from Brutus. To throw them off,” she half whispers the last part. Taking her hands from behind her back she reveals a small parachute that is still closed.

I snatch it off her and cradle it in my arms, as if it were my child.

“Thanks. But you better leave now,” I bark at Prim, who smiles at me bitterly.

“See you,” she starts turning back and walking away, when I pull out the urge to speak.

“You kill her?”

Prim stops dead in her tracks.

“No,” she says stiffly and I swear her voice shakes. Liar.

“Oh okay. Well tick tock by the way!” I say giving away a vital clue. She continues on her trek without turning back, probably thinking what a weirdo I am...

“Goes the clock,”

:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Prim’s P.O.V

“See? I told you that if you put the trap there we would catch more than one rabbit.” I argued with Haymitch as the other person with us stood their dumbly. Her eyes were glued to us squabbling, and she looked so dull. Haymitch smirked at me, and I saw his stubborn side.

“Sure…. But who caught ten the other day?” he answered me back. I felt my cheeks flush red right then, and they still burn now. We didn’t ever catch rabbits, there were none. We were just playing the idiot ally.

I wanted to just snap her neck like Cato had done to the brat from 3. I know everyone thinks I’m little weakling Prim, but I can show my badass side as well. He’s here in the arena with me right now, along with Clove. They killed my sister, and I want my revenge. But the bad part is that I like Clove, she’s really nice and funny not to mention sweet. Yeah, she’s all badass and all, but underneath that she’s all merry and happy-go. Okay I admit that was not a good example for Clove, and she isn’t at all like that. But she’s not bad bad, she’s bad good. Average. I think I’m a little delusional at the moment, thinking up all these ‘whacko’ theories, but it passes the time so I’m gonna keep thinking them. I remember the day when she died, the girl. I never even knew her name, she never spoke. She stuck to us like glue, and we couldn’t shake her off.