12. Mr Finnick Odair

12.

"Okay now you are ready!" Renn says breathlessly and I blink my eyes open. Before me is an unrecognizable girl; forget the gladiator I'm now a pro warrior. My hair is glistened around me and shines as I sway it from one way or another. I gasp as I catch sight of my skirts; a golden rough surface that has skulls attached at the hem. My shoes a comfortable leathery sole, the boots reaching just under my knee. I stare down at my top, and glance up at the mirror to the see the proper affect. A see through black veil type of material and underneath a golden crop-top.

"You look stunning," Renn tweets in as I finally come to my senses.

"Thank you," I stutter still shocked to see my transformation. I love the way Renn's crafty fingers make my makeup look non-existant. Although if younlook at me closely you can see a small glimmer of lipgloss, or a dark shadow on my eyelids. But it's beautiful all the same.

Renn waits for me to stop admiring my looks, and I fear I have gone as vane as Glimmer.

"I will leave you at your chariot," Renn informs me as we leave the Remake Room and head down to the parade. In seconds we arrive, and Renn takes her departure.

"Remember this; don't smile make them want to crack you more." she hisses into my ear and bustles away to the crowds. I stroke the horses soft fur and murmer my curses quietly. Suddenly I hear a loud crunch! from behind me. I spin round, and sigh in relief to only see Finnick Odair munching away on a sugar-cube. His own outfit is nothing fitted, a golden sprayed fish net hung loosely around him. I look into his soft eyes before he breaks the silence.

"Want a sugar cube?" he asks me extending a hand to reveal the sugary thing that horses dig.

"No thanks, I just had a bucketful of hay," I say teasingly back to him. His mouth twitches at the corners into a broad smile.

"Suit yourself," he bites hard into the cube and makes a loud grunt of pleasure straight after he's demolished the thing.

"So how are you?" he suddenly says sweeping my comfort right under my feet.

"Well I just got out of the arena, and I'm going back in so all in all terrible." I say rolling my eyes. I feel the urge to pull my arms across my revealing chest, but ignore it. Finnick is half naked anyways.

"I know, and remember I can keep a secret." he says leaning against the stiff horses black-coated back.

"What?" I say a little confused at his sudden strange words.

Finnick stiffles a small laugh and looks away from me. He's about to walk away from me, but quickly whispers under his breath,

"We all have secrets,"

The parade begins in a full swing and I stand bravely beside my monstrous fíance. I look at him more clearly this time; they dressed him in a male twin-suit of mine, but minus the skirt.

I adjust the skulls along the hem and suddenly a small TAP TAP forms on my shoulder. Sedrya. She holds two golden blazed swords and chucks them at us.

"Raise them high!" she exclaims and bounces off just in time as District 1's Cashmere and Gloss roll out. Glamourous as ever, and even old time victors remain famous here. I full the chariot lurch forward and balance myself and grip Cato's strong hand for help. He didn't see Finnick with me; he would have questioned it.

We emerge into the opening and the chariot proceeds. My eyes adjust to my surroundings quick and I welcome the chants of "Clove" as we proceed down. I raise my sword, and Cato copies and we raise them up high. Screams erupt from all around us, and I thank Renn's genius mind. I know that District 4 are rolling out because suddenly cries of "Finnick" fill the air. I catch sight of two younger girls practically throwing themselves at him. Lucky Finnick.

I wave to the crowd as we slow down and we wait in a circle for 12 to finish up. Primrose, Katniss' sister looks terrified in her black clothes alongside the drunken Haymitch. I can't help but feel terrible; if her sister won she wouldn't be here.

"Welcome!" the loud droaning voice of Snow fills my ears.

"Welcome! Tributes, victors, we welcome you! For your courage and your sacrifice!" the crowd bellows out in pleasure. Yay, people about to murder another! I turn to Cato, his face reading horror and disgust. I force myself to look at Prim. The blood is drained from her small teardrop face and her penetrating eyes are unfocused.

My heart thumps wildly in my chest and I don't notice that Cato nudges me suddenly.

"Clove? Clove?" he says loudly into my ear.

"Sorry, yeah?" I say my eyes filling with tears.

"Are you okay?" he says and I feel worry in his tone.

"Yeah fine, let's go to our floor. I'm beat." I fake a yawn and Cato helps me down off the chariot.

"Let's go then,"

<><><><><><><><>

Okay this is just sooooooooooo short.

But em...ya can't say anything......

But still vote and comment? ya??

Do you love The Host?

Then read my new Host fanfic Little Secrets

Thanks <3

xxxxxxx

€ MISSKATNISS*