Star Crossed Lovers (Clove And Cato Book 2)

All rights reserved to Suzanne Collins who came up with the amazing Hunger Games!! I dont own the idea or Clove or Cato but I wrote their P.O.V of life! Please don't copy this idea (message me first)...

Vote comment!

thank you Suzanne Collins!!

MissKatniss

*********

1.

We thought we were going to be left alone. Alone in District 2 until the next Hunger Games came around, but no. That was never the plan. President Snow wanted to ruin our lives forever more, because we defied his precious Games. We won.

District 2. Victor's Village.

"Geoff stop that!" I say angrily as my elder brother Geoff keeps poking me.

"Oooooo....I'm scared now, victor Clove will kill me!" He jokes and I threaten to slap him. He laughs and walks away, leaving me finally alone in my new bedroom. The Victor's Village is nice, I live beside Cato and another Victor from ten years ago. She keeps to herself though, mostly. In case you haven't guessed, I won the 74th Annual Hunger Games alongside my love Cato Dawn. We weren't supposed to win together, but we did. Because we defied the Capitol. Now, I must make everyone believe our love for one another, or else we're screwed. I sit on my bed, looking out of the gigantic window out into District 2. It's not the most prettiest District, and it's not exactly safe. But it's home, and I can't argue that I don't love it here.

I still have nightmares from before, when I was in the arena. I keep hearing Katniss's screams or Glimmer's screeches for help. They won't ever be erased from my mind, but I just have to keep moving on in life. Especially since the Victory Tour is soon. Dragging around to each Districts, that will host a party for us two, and applaud, when deep down they call for our blood because we survived. I bounce upon the king sized bed, too lazy to get up. Geoff, Mother and Dad we're excited to move here, plenty of room and hot water at our fingertips. Although Mother didn't greet me when I arrived back home, she did help me move all my stuff here and cook me my favourite dinner. She's proud of me, I can't forget that.

"It's good to be back," I say aloud even though I am alone. It's too good, but I have a feeling President Snow won't let me go unscratched this easily. My stomach begins to flutter.

What did Brutus say he would do if he found our love drowning? Oh yeah, kill our loved ones.

That cannon happen.

I think back to the Arena. It was scary. Almost like a nightmare coming true. I shudder.

Relax Clove, relax

I think to myself and am suddenly interrupted by a small knocking on the door. I sit up straight and smoothed down my hair.

"Come in," I say. The door swings open and in rushes Poppy with Cato in toll. I am thrown back by Poppy's grasp around my waist and I have to prise her off with my own hands. I laugh as she bites her lip holding herself back. Cato kisses my lips softy. I've missed these kisses.

"Are you okay?" He whispers to me and I nod my head quickly.

"Never better, you?" I say quietly, so Poppy doesn't over-hear. Cato looks away.

"Yes," His answer is short and doesn't explain what he's really thinking, but I don't question it. Just carry on. I turn my attention back to Poppy, who is sitting quietly on my bed, tracing her fingers over the magnificent design.

"Have you picked your talent?" She asks me suddenly out of the blue. My face regisers shock.

"No, not yet." I reply and she smiles pleasantly.

"Cato has, he's going to do sculpting." Poppy says fawning over her brother. She's changed completely from the shy rebellious girl I knew before the Games.

"Really?" I say trying to sound impressed. Cato already told me, I was the first to know. Poppy nods her head and bats her eyes.

"I know everything," She laughs and I join in with her. It's weird, sitting there acting normal when in reality the Games have just begun. Between me and Snow anyway..

The rest of the time Poppy stays, she talks about all kinds of stuff, asks me unusual questions and presses me on for deep stuff. Geoff comes and summons her to go home, her Mother wants her home to help with the laundry, Cato and I are finally left alone.

"Cato?" I say slowly, his hands inter twined with mine. He looks at me sheepishly.

"Yes,"

"I need to tell you something. It's important." I struggle to say.

Cato leans in closer.

"I am_____"

But before I can even say one word, the door burts open, my Mother running in. I moan at her.

"Mother," I say eyeing her down.

"You have a visitor." She says sternly. I groan.

"Send them away, I'm busy."

"It's President Snow."

_____________________________________________

Hey,

So first chappie second book

Vote and comment and read :)

Luv ya all

~MissKatniss~