8. Announced Death

8

The Victory Tour, check.

We've finished and it wasn't that hard. Just terrible. And now, an uprising in 8? That makes my blood churn. Why would you rebel against the country that fed them, cared for them and kept them all as one? I'm beginning to sound like Sedrya, but why? Because every year 23 kids are slaughtered and they've had enough. Two sides of me fight for attention at our own District's feast. Cato says he has a surprise for everyone later on and looks so mysterious in his tails. I wonder what it is, he didn't even tell me of all people. I pretend to enjoy the prawn soup we are being served and remove my taste of disgust with some fresh bread. Sedrya- unfortuately- decided to sit beside me and chit-chat al through the courses. My family are here somewhere, with my brother Geoff. I rip my bread to pieces.

"Clove, darling, please!" Sedrya slaps at my hands until I come back to realization. I look at the torn bread and at Sedrya's annoyed face.

"Sorry," I mumble, not in the least.

Sedrya, being Sedrya doesn't notice my sarcasm and goes on with her meal adding in her say in neighbouring speech. I laugh as the guys from the butchers discuss which way to stuff a chicken and Sedrya babbles in;

"Oh how I do love stuffing chickens! It's so thrilling!" She says happily with her 'smart-head' as she says. The butchers look her up and burst out laughing.

"The only thing you've stuffed is your bra, missus." And the men laugh even harder. I cover my face with the back of my hand and burst out laughing. Sedrya, all filled with rage doesn't speak anymore but mumbles silently under her breath.

The desert is a nice simple cheesecake, and I actually like eating it. Everyone's plates are cleaned away and the laughter and chat is growing. My home. I did miss it.

"Can I have you attention?" Cato says clearing his throat. The room dies down and Cato stands on top of his chair. We locks eyes with me and begins.

"Clove, I love you. Everyday I think of you and every night I dream of you. I can't stand to not be with you, not under the same roof. So, would you do the honour of becoming Mrs Dawn?"

A loud round of "awwww" and "what?" fills the room. Cato digs into his pocket and takes out a black velvet case. It springs open and a fat diamond ring is placed in the middle. My face erupts in a smile.

"Clove Green, will you marry me?" Cato questions and smiles beautifully at me. I look at his gorgeous face and try stop my lips from smiling.

"Yes! A million times yes!" I screech and run to where he is. He gets off the chair and props down on one knee. I slip on the ring from his hands and pull him into a hug. Cheers flame all around us and Cato spins me around gracefully. It's like a fairytale. But better.

"Thank you for coming tonight, you may leave but celebrate on!" Sedrya bustles about clucking like a mad chicken. The butchers snigger away calling after her, but she doesn't pay them any notice.

Cato and I sneak away and go back to his house. The house is still empty, everyone's still at the feast. He leads me to his bedroom and we lie on his bed. My heart thumps. What are we doing here?

I'm still fifteen. Cato turns to me suddenly and kisses me with a soft gentle touch. The kiss becomes more stronger and he presses more harder into my body. At first I don't like it, but then I grown hungry for more. I let my hands move around his neck and he holds firmly onto my waist. We lie there enjoying another until a light flickers on. Cato removes himself from me and I sit up panting. Poppy, with her hair downm stands in the frame-work.

"Clove, Cato you have to come down stairs right now." she orders and turns on her heel. I bite on my lip as Cato follows his younger sister and I obediantly follow. We trudge down the stairs and I open up my ears, hearing not only Cato's parents but mine too. They are all sitting around Cato's TV.