11. MY OH MY

11.

Clove's P.O.V

There was one thing that got me kicking for my life. I remember when I was drowning in the lake, and then Cato saved me. Or when I cut my knee on a jagged rock. I was only safe because Cato saved me. Sure he was usually the one who made my pain come, but he always worried and took care of me. I can't let him protect me in the arena; he needs to survive. I can't let him carry me to Victory again; save me again. This time, I'm saving his life.

The morning comes, and soon I adjust to the light that splatters across the room, making everything so much more friendlier. I fend myself off Cato's tight clutches and finally break free, leaping out of the soft lush duvet. Cato, who barely wears clothes in bed, wraps them firmly around his body a loud moan escaping from his mouth. I smile to myself and look at him one last time before exiting and making my way to my own room. The covers are perfectly crisp and I look sheepishly at the laid out clothes, they knew I was with Cato.

"My oh my," I whisper to myself and change into the light clothes. It makes me feel more like a girl, with the flimsy material of the top and the tight bottoms. Not like me, but I'm just Snow's puppet now. My mind flickers from one thought to the next. One being the Uprising in 8, and the other on Snow's threat. He knew I was going back into the arena, and I beat the reaping slips all said my name.

Suddenly my oak door is thrust open and in comes Sedrya, her curls lopsided.

"We've....arrived." she says her expression flushed. I follow her out of the compartment and into the seating area where Brutus and Cato are waiting.

He got changed fast,

I think to myself as I see Cato neatly pressed up in a nice shirt and khaki bottoms.

He links his arm with mine and we wait for the door to the train station stop to open.

"CLOVE! CATO!" screams yell at us and I fear I will be deafened by the crowds screams. Sedrya marches us forwards and we are finally in the safety of the Remake Centre.

_________________________

"Clove, we saw you about a month ago and you're hairy!" Kartik remarks in dismay as he waxes me clean of my hair. I watch as they pluck me like a chicken.

Storm, who has aqua blue skin now, starts trimming my long messy dark hair and un-knots my tangles.

Crescent doesn't speak at all, and whenever I catch her eyes she looks as if she's going to burst into tears. I don't see the males shedding a tear!

"I'm sorry, I-I-I need to be excused." she says in a squeaky voice and hurries out in tears. Storm soon follows her but Katrik remains. I don't really know him, just that he's a dam pain.

"I won't cry," he repeats to me and I nod as he continues the work. Eventually he is asked to leave, and he rushes out and in his replace is the one and only Renn. Her usual long blonde hair is dyed dark brown and her body is draped in a black and red silk dress.

She wraps me into a warm hug and, unlike her usual loud bubbly self, she just whispers 'I'm Sorry'.

"I'm okay," I respond to her sympathy. She sees right through me.

"You're not,"

"Okay so what if I'm not? All the victors are probably feeling like crap now!" I say flustered. Renn pats my hand and gets to work on my Tribute Parade outfit.

As she begins with my hair, we make small chat.

"What has the citizens being saying about the Quell/Qwell?" I ask Renn. She heaves up her shoulders.

"Not good, most of my friends have been sobbing over the fact that you and your fiance are going to be...um....killed." Renn says and nibbles on her nail.

I want to laugh at loud for Snow. Not everyone wants us to die.

I give a smug smile on my face, and watch in the mirror as Renn buzzes away.

*************

GAME-MAKERS CONFERENCE. CONFIDENTIAL.

"Ah Geoff you came," Plutarch says softly as Geoff Green rushes in his breath puffing out of him.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, didn't want Clove to see me." Geoff explains quickly to the head game-maker. Plutarch laughs happily and gives Geoff a nod of the head.

"Well it's just a conference about the Games, we have the arena and all, but...." Plutarch cuts off by the sound of rough voice.

"We cannot make the same mistakes as last time." President Snow says bitterly. Geoff spins round, stunned to be in the same room as him. He was so important to him; he admired the way he never backed down. Although his sister absolutely despised the man.

"Yes President, but that won't happen. Seneca wasn't well equipped to work at such high pressure." A game-maker reminds Snow and Snow hisses impatiently back at the woman.

Geoff, quite un-sure on what to do, just sat down at the round white table. Snow sits beside him, but doesn't cast a glance at the boy. Plutarch stands at the front of the small crowd and coughs.

"Thank you for coming, President Snow, and others. We have some issues drawn up from our jury of game-makers. Okay we can proceed." Plutarch says fast and gives a nod to Snow.

A woman with a shave head and blurry red eyes walks quickly up to Plutarch and addresses the crowd.

"My problem is with you!" she points an accusing finger at Snow. Snow widens his eyes in alarm, but stays still.

"You killed him! I know you did! I hate you!" the woman screeches and runs forwards to Snow. No one stops her, as she wraps her hands around Snow's fat neck. Plutarch looks away, and Geoff seizes a chance.

"Get off!" he yells and plunges in and hoists the woman off of the President. The girl is suddenly under an army bashing in the doors and is taken away. Snow kicks back his chair.

"Meeting dismissed," Plutarch yells as everyone exits. Snow runs a hand through his puffy white hair.

"Thank you Geoff," and walks away.

___________________________________

Vote & Comment

Hey that'll be nice!

Like the Game-maker scene? ooooo wonder what Clato's outfits will be?

I love the Host by Stephanie Meyer btw (saw movie 2 times)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

=D

-MissKatniss_