15. Interviewer, Flickerman

15.

"No!" I scream and suddenly my eyes jerk open and I spring up from my bed. Quickly, strong hands wrap around me and I relax. It was a dream, nightmare. Whatever.

"Sshh." the small hiss if his tongue sound out, and I stop my mouth from drowning us all in screams.

"What was it?" he says holding my face with his hands.

"I-I-I dunno....nothing, I'm sorry." I say, I don't know if I can tell him. It's not something he would agree with. I think he's still mad with me from my score.

"That's your third time waking up and screaming, next time you're out." he says and I catch a glimpse of his tired face. It's not fair on him; keeping him awake when it's my suffering.

"I know, but seriously I'm grand." I say through gritted teeth back to him, throwing the covers off my body. I look down at my arm, goosebumps lining it all.

"Interviews today right?" I say as I get ready to leave Cato.

"Yeah see you soon."

I take my leave. Down the corridor to where my own room is, and I change into some simple clothes. My nightmare keeps haunting me. I can still feel the way Cato reacted as I told him I was pregnant, and then when he was born Cato killed him. It was horrible. Cato would never do that, would he? I know he would kill himself for making me get into that discomfort. He always says have children when your older, live your life first.

I enter back into the dining room, where Renn and Sedya are talking while eating a nice platter of hot food.

"Ah Clove you joined us!" Sedrya remarks as she pours some apple juice into her tall elegant glass.

"Did you sleep alright?" Renn adds, thinking about me unlike Mrs Chatterbox here. I fall into my seat.

"Don't worry it your interview today! Tomorrow the 75th Games will begin! Ohhh it's marvellous!" Sedrya hollers on, oblivious on what Renn just asked me.

"I'll see you in the remake centre at 4," She says and kicks her chair back and walks away. Sedrya glares at me.

"Aren't you excited?" she asks me unaware that the tributes dislike the Games, Arena very much. I growl. Geoff will be getting prepared to begin his first year at Game-maker, I hope his last too.

"Not really Sedrya," I say pulling my anger deep down.

"Wel that's alright, you will be tonight my dear!"

And that's how my day is planned, running away from Sedrya, always. I wait till a small portion of broth is in front of me, before speaking.

"Of course,"

******

"You lok stunning." Crescent purrs in my ear, making me jump. She gives a low giggle.

"Here," she says placing something around my neck. I jump at the smooth touch.

"Okay and open!" Renn's voice echoes through my ears. I let my eyes blink open, until my vision clears and I can see myself clearly in the mirror.

"Wow." Is all I breath out as I catch sight if my red, lush dress. It moves heavily around my body and it is embedded with jewels that shine beautifully. My hair is let loose, spiralling down my shoulders with the faint bit of a golden dip-dye at the tips. I spin round, so amazed at again my stylist and prep team have made.

"Thank you!" I say happily. I forgot how beautiful these people can make you feel, even in the most terrible situations.

"No problem," Renn says squeezing me into a hug. Her blonde hair is beautifully held back into two fish-tail braids and I can't help but think of Glimmer. Crescent takes her leave, she doesn't escort me backstage, Renn always insists the head stylist should.