6 . Touring The District's.

A/N: Hey so I have some notice that my Star Crossed Lovers is well a little bit boring at the moment and maybe this chappie is making up for it a little? K, anyway the next chapter is more touring and at the Capitol party. The next chappie’s are like exciting so comment, read and vote!!!!!

Three comments and seven votes for next chapter please?

Thanks again and please, please love this chapter!

*MissKatniss*

6.

Clove’s P.O.V

We have to be at the train station for four o’clock the next morning. Our Victory Tour will begin by firstly going to District One, and then to Twelve and all the way back until we come back home and celebrate happily before next going to the Capitol for a mega party. I groan as Sedrya knocks on my bedroom door and slips in, rudely.

“Up, up, up! We have a big day ahead!”

A big day to you is when someone in the Capitol wears diamonds instead of rubies to an all-class party. I angrily pull on some clothes that are laid out on my bed, while Sedrya orders my prep team about as they frantically try to make me attractive. Or as Sedrya sugar coats it; appealing.

I don’t see Cato as we make our way over to the train tracks. It’s dark though, and some neighbouring foxes are on the crawl. Lurking around our District and looking for some handy food. I pity for them, although my experience with animals is unforgettable.

Once we enter the warm bright train, I catch sight of Brutus knocking back a spirit of some sort. He spots me and gives a brief smile. I think back to the last time we met.

Brutus told me that the Capitol wasn’t happy with me.

“Clove,” he says shortly and I nod at him.

“Brutus.” I respond averting my eyes from his cold penetrating gaze. Sedrya hooks her arm in mine and pulls me forwards into the dining cart of the train. It’s morning, and a fresh smell comes instantly to my nose as I take the whole scenery in. Oranges decorate the room, followed by tangerines and peaches.

“Can we touch them?” A gruff voice pricks up from behind me. I jump and realize that it’s Cato. God he scared me.

“Of course!” Sedrya says bubbly, she can’t say no to a Victor.

Cato extends his hand and pulls down a peach that was perched on a cake stand. He moves it to his lips and nibbles at the side. I laugh; he hates peaches.

As soon as the fruity substance passes his lips his face turns into disgust and he spits it out. Sedrya, speedily, snatches the peach and thrusts it into the bin.

“Thank you Cato,” She says pushing on the friendly tone.

“No problem.” He replies still smirking. Sedrya huffs of and leaves Cato, Brutus and I.

“We are nearing One in a few hours,” Brutus yawns swishing the bottle back and fro.

Cato nods his head and pats my shoulder.

“I’m going to go and catch some shut eye.” He announces and walks away. Brutus turns to me.

“You and him?” he says quietly.

“Yes,” I reply and close my eyes.

“I’m tired, see you soon Brutus.” I say and walk out to my old bedroom. As soon as my head hits the pillow I welcome my sleep.

********

Two Hours Later.

“One,” I say through my clouded breath. It’s beautiful, just like the Capitol with gleaming buildings and clean shiny roads. The train halts and Sedrya whips open the door. We stand hand in hand walking out together. There are crowds of people waving at us when secretly they call for our blood. My blood turns to ice. I can’t face Glimmer and Marvel’s family.

Sedrya marches us forward and we finally are herded onto a large stage where a microphone is at the front.

“Now we have the two victors of the 74th Hunger Games, Clove Green and Cato Dawn!” The mayor of One booms over the noisy District. Cato supports me as we march carefully onto the stage.

My hands shake as I clutch onto the small cards that Sedrya gave me, I hadn’t prepared my speech before.

Cato stands beside me firmly at the top of the stage. My eyes flicker to the left of the stage. A woman with a teenage girl gives me dagger looks. My stomach lurches. They are blonde haired and have emerald piercing eyes.

“District 1, families of the fallen tributes we thank you for Marvel and Glimmer’s sacrifice.” Cato begins forgetting the cards. I swear I see Sedrya cursing.

“They were noble, brave souls who died in the right place.” He continues and I lower my gaze. Marvel’s family consist of an old man, a little girl and an ageing woman.

“I’d like to add that Marvel was a great friend to me. I liked him a lot, and was very sad when he was crowned dead. The Capitol played a trick on us, when the Fallen were shown in the sky as they showed Rue first. I thought Katniss was next, but no it was Marvel.” I say strongly looking at Marvel’s family. They smile sweetly at me.

I turn to the two blonde’s.

“Glimmer and I didn’t always get along; in fact she wanted what I had. I respected her for her strength and courage, but the realization is that she didn’t win and was killed by tracker jackers. I wish I had gone back and saved her, but she was a true tribute. I honour her!” I cry out, and the girls stiffen.

“Thank you for your tributes, may the odds be ever in your favour!” We both chime together and then the audience applauds. We walk away and into the feast hall for some dinner. I look down at my tangerine dress and smile.

“That wasn’t too hard,” I say happily as Cato leads me away. Instead of the feast hall he leads me to an empty room. His hands cup my face.

“Don’t.” he whispers to me and kisses my mouth. I kiss him back, never breaking the pattern.

“I love you,” he says and finally we come to our senses and break apart. I look affectingly at Cato.

I chose right.

“District Twelve next, sleep and when you wake we will be there. This time, stick to the cards.” Sedrya remarks as Cato leads me to my room. I let him in and we sleep beside each other, stroking each others faces adoringly.

“Twelve,” Cato says and I fall asleep my last thing I see is Cato’s usually relaxed face turns into a frown.

“Clove!”

I am dead to the world.

********

Two things: Comment and vote thank you very much

*MissKatniss*