{ xxv }

"Your bracelets are beautiful!"

I look down.

I see on my arm are an array of multiple bracelets.

A red braclet from a relative of mine who lives out side of the country and given me this as a present once, a charm bracelet, a brown cloth one which I bought myself, a silver one that's a simple band, a multi-coloured braided-style one, a beaded bracelt, a pink one with flowers, a black bracelet with crosses... And tons of other ones that cover up my arm.

You could opine that it is beautiful. Maybe it is beautiful but I'm too shattered to peer through it.

I can not appreciate beauty. The beauty of life. The beauty of simple things.

Decorations or accessories to spice up my outfit or to express my joys with the gifts I've obtain these may be to you but it serves another purpose to me.

A crucial purpose.

Under these beautiful bracelets hold the most intricate art and design made with fine tools. These shaded red lines are crafted by an artist who is a ball of emotions and filled with thoughts so deep no diver would offer to explore the horrifying depths of it.

These bracelets are for distractions so you would not see the most beautiful art the world has been ever graced with. There are too many feelings and perceptions that none of you would grasp the whole meaning of it.

Most of you would simply speculate on it. Stare with a heavy heart and a judgemental gaze.

I'd rather hide the aesthetic I prefer than to share with the rest of you the one art you all would never comprehend.

My scars.

"I know."