{ ii }

"Did you have a good day?"

Oh, how people use that question as a niceties. Often that interrogative sentence holds no meaning.

If we are having an honest conversation, no.

No.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

No.

I am not having a good day.

Blanketed in sorrow and full of woes, everywhere I go and everyday that comes to and fro I feel isolated from this thing called happiness.

As the clock ticks, the day slowly coming to an end, I'm still alone.

I'm lonely.

I live with no comfort. It pains me that as I am dying, no one knows the real me and I can never leave my mark in this world. I can never make an impact on someone.

When twilight arrives, I get mixed emotions. First one being a bit of satisfaction that another day has come and go. That my torture of being alone is approaching to an end. That I am closer to my peaceful death. But, here comes the second emotion, sadness. I am sad for I wasted a day doing nothing and let my soul wander around. I flit in and out like a sunlight creating a mournful shadow. I'm sorrowful because I get to exist once more but who cares about my existence? You? Her? Him? My supposedly friends? The fake people in my stupid life?

Certainly it isn't me.

"It was fine."