"I know, baby. I know"

Ashton stood quietly in the corner of the room with a frown on his face. He slowly walked over to his parent as they hugged, and gently reached his hand out to place it on his father's shoulder, but his hand fell down hopelessly.

Ashton frowned and reached out for his father again, watching his hand go through like if they were some kind of hologram. Like if they were a movie playing and he was inside the screen.

"Mom?" he spoke up but got no reaction from either of his parents.

"Dad?" he said louder but his parents only kept talking to themselves. Like if he didn't exist.

"Mommy?" a small voice then said from the doorway, and Ashton tensed up when knowing just who it was.

"Ashton," Anne spoke and smiled warmly, "Come here baby"

The 3 year old boy walk over to his mother and father with a bright smile on his face. The small boy raised his arms up to show Anne he wanted to be picked up.

His mother did as he wanted and both her and John held the 3 year old tightly when speaking in soft voices.

Ashton backed away from the family and ran his hands through his hair in confusion while keeping his eyes on himself and his parents.

He froze in his step when the 3 year old Ashton lifted his head from his mother's shoulder and locked eyes with himself. Even though Ashton was confused and freaked out, he didn't seem to be able to pull his gaze away from his 3 year old self.

Those similar big hazel-green eyes were so much brighter and happier than the ones he wore now. They were full of hopes and dreams, and Ashton wanted to run away and hide, but his young self kept him still.

"What are you looking at, baby?" Anne asked and looked at her 3 year old son with furrowed eyebrows.

The young boy had his eyes locked with the older for a few more seconds, before shrugging his shoulders and placed his head back on his mother's forehead.

"Promise me you'll talk to Dami" Anne whispered.

"I'll talk to him today" John spoke before the family stepped out of the room.

Ashton stood still in the corner of the room and breathed heavily before running a hand over his face repeatedly. This must be a dream. This must me some prank his mind was playing with him, but as much as he pinched his arm and tried to hurt himself, he didn't wake up.

Simply because he felt no pain.

And it couldn't be a dream, because the scene that had just been played out had happened for real. Ashton clearly remember that.

A creaking noise was heard from beside him, making him turn his head to see the previously locked door now slowly opening itself. He licked his lips and looked around his childhood home before walking to the door and entered darkness once again.

After a few seconds, sight appeared and Ashton stood pushed up against a wall as his father, mother, and Ty came storming through a hallway.

"What the fuck are you thinking with? I can't fucking take your kids, I won't do that!"

"Ty!" John exclaimed and turned to his brother, "This isn't forever, this is until we figure out a way to be safe. Until then, you'll take care of your nephews"

"Why the fuck would I ever do you any favors, huh? I have nothing to give back to you" Ty seethed.

"Have a little heart. Just for once, show that you are an actual human being" Anne spoke and looked at her brother-in-law with harsh eyes.