CHAPTER 21: Nightmares

"Say bye bye...princess."

***

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I lay on my bed as I tossed my body and tried to sleep. But something was bothering me. Its like one of my friends was having fear surrounding them.

I look at the clock, and its already 12:00 midnight. And I'm still awake. Good thing there's no class tomorrow, I can get up late.

But I can't get myself to settle down.

"AAAAAAAAH!!!!"

A scream came bursting from the other room.
"Astrid..."

I quickly got up and ran out f my room and to Astrid's room. I open the door and there I saw her screaming. I quickly ran beside her and tried to wake her up.

"Astrid, Astrid wake up please!" I said gently tapping her. Astrid suddenly open her eyes, and I was surprised to see them bloody red.
Ruffnut and the others came, and was also surprised to see Astrid like this.

Astrid wasn't really fully awake, cause she's still screaming and was telling us to go away and leave her alone.

"Astrid wake up!" I said shaking her. She didn't listen, so I hug her tightly, I don't care if it hurts that she will punch me.

"Astrid please, wake up its just a nightmare." I told her.

Astrid's breathing went calm and she had stopped pinching me.

"H-Hiccup..." She stuttered to speak. I let go of her, and saw her eyes were back to its normal beautiful crystal blue colour.

I hug her again in relief. "Thank Gods your okay." Said Ruffnut.

"What happened?" She asked. "Your having a nightmare." Replied Fishlegs as he massaged Astrid's hand.

After a while we make sure Astrid is okay, we all decided to go back to our own rooms. But Astrid requested for me to stay.

"Okay." I said. Everyone went back to sleep, as Astrid and I were just sitting there, me looking at Astrid who was staring into space.

"Are you sure your okay?" I asked her. She gave out a sigh and look at me.
"Your in my dream Hiccup." Were the words she said.

Look at her with surprise, that her voice was serious and very scared.
She was a bit shaking. And I felt her fear rush through me.

Without any second, my body was already against her, my arms wrapped around her like a protective barrier.

"Would you mind telling me?" I ask her. She shake her head and continued to hug me tighter.

She told me what happened, and every time she spoke the horrifying words, a tear fell out of her eyes. I then wipe them away I don't want to see someone crying, especially her who's now getting close to me, and slowly becoming my friend.

"Shh...enough now, I don't want to see you crying." I told her. Astrid look up at me and a smile stretch across her face.

"That's it, smile." I told her.

"Thanks Hiccup." She said and wipe the few tears on her cheeks.
"No big deal." I told her. "If a friend in need, I'll be there to help them."

She smiled at that with a raised eyebrow. "So I'm your friend now?" She asked.
"Why? Don't you want to?" I ask her.
"Well, was just surprised your very gentle tonight I mean, your so kind that you even let me hug you and wiping those tears of mine and all." She wink at me.

My cheeks suddenly felt hot, I'm sure they're red by now. Into sure why, is it because of what Astrid said? Or the wink?

Good thing its dark and she cant see me clearly.
"Get some sleep now." I told her. She nodded her head and lay down on her bed and close her eyes.

I got up and walk my way to the door.
"Hiccup?"
I turn around to see Astrid still awake.
"Thanks again." She said and closed her eyes again.
"Your ways welcome, princess..."

***

Astrid's P.O.V.

The next day, I woke up really late, I think its about 9:30 a.m.? Good thing no classes today. Everyone wasn't there, maybe they're at the training grounds, or maybe with their eggs while hanging out around campus.

I fix my bed and got dressed. I pick up Eggy and place it on its carrier. I headed to the kitchen to grab some grub, but I saw a plate full of food with a note on the table.

Eat well, you need lots of energy today, we have to go somewhere around Castrallia.
P.S. meet us at the school gates after you eat.

~The gang.

"How sweet." I said and look down at the food. I quickly eat it up and headed my way to the gates. There I saw my friends with their eggs while talking to each other.

"Hey guys!" I called. They all turn around look at me and smiled.
"Sorry it took so long." I said stopping in front of them, and was greeted with a hug from Ruffnut.

"No problem, we all waited patiently." She said.
"So, where are we going?" I ask.

"Shopping!" Ruffnut said.
The boys groaned hearing this, but to me its a good thing.
I never had been shopping my whole life.
"Ugh, let's just go okay? And stop saying shopping." Groaned Tuffnut who grab me away from his sister and we walk out of the school grounds all the way to the market place.