Chapter 9

A guy with an orange shirt on, indicating he worked at the theme park came to where I was seated next to grumpy Ryder.

He strapped the seatbelt around me, then Ryder.

He pulled down a strong barrier and went to the people sitting behind us, to buckle them in.

Ryder was pissed because Ash didn’t seem to notice when he kissed me on the head.

After everyone was seated and buckled in the rollercoaster started moving. The music in the background made me feel more exited.

Ryder kept on giving me looks. I bet he thinks I’m a freak show.

As the rollercoaster went through the hoops and curves I screamed in joy and my laugh echoed all the way till the end.

“That was so much fun!” I turned to look at Ryder and noticed he was busy fixing his bangs.

He gave me a small nod before taking my arm and pulling me out of the crowd.

We got to Alex and Ash as they were absorbed in a conversation about something me and Ryder had no idea about.

“I got a text from Jerold. He says: ‘ party at my house at 8.00 pm, casual.’”

“Are we going? Or what?” Asked Ryder in a bored tone.

“Yeah, doesn’t seem like we’ve got something better to do.”

“You coming Alvii?” Alex asked as we started walking towards his car.

“Yeah, but one condition. Your not drinking” I stated.

“But why??” he whined.

“Because I don’t trust you when your drunk, plus I’ll get in trouble with Carter.”

“Fine.” He gave Ryder a wink and Ash laughed.

Crap he was going to get drunk.

We got to Jerold’s house. He had a pretty big house and a huge backyard.

The only reason I decided to come was because I knew Amy would be here.

Jerold was someone who’s parents were never home. His mum and dad were both in the shipping company.

Jerold happens to be a very hormonal teenager. Him and Alex are close friends.

He is pretty good looking. Brown, curly, messy hair, and light blue eyes. A slender body and he isn’t very tall.

Once Alex his ex-girlfriend, Jerold and me went to the movies and Jerold acted like a true gentlemen. He bought my ticket and food, but when the movie started he tried to kiss me every time there would be a scene that would turn him on.

I didn’t want to be his make out buddy, so I throw my popcorn at him and walked home.

As the four of us entered the warm, funny smelling house, we could here loud music and there were some teenagers making out on the front porch.

“I’m going to try breakup with Jenny again.” Alex muttered to me and took of looking for Jenny.

Ryder made his way to where the drinks were and was grabbed by a few girls. I knew he would take advantage before Trent appeared.

Ash took my hand, so we wouldn’t get lost in the crowd.

“you want to dance or shall we not fake at the moment?”

“Ryder doesn’t seem like he would care what we are doing, as he tries to seduce one of these girls so lets just act normal. Kay?”

After 20 minutes of looking for Amy I decided I would go outside I just sit by the pool.

I was minding my own business like everyone else by the pool, when I felt someone sit next to me.

I pulled my feet out from the warm pool water and turned to look who had joined my presence.

Ryder, sat next to my staring at me. I felt happy that at least I wasn’t alone but he wasn’t going to find that out. I had my dignity to keep.

“yes?” I questioned.

“you have pretty feet.” He pulled my feet up on his lap and started tracing it.

I guess he’s drunk.

“um thank you?”

“your welcome. You want to dance?”

Surprisingly he sounded sober but I knew whatever came out of his mouth, a sober Ryder wouldn’t say.

It took me time to response to his request. I knew we would be going home soon, so why not enjoy the time.

“sure.” I got up and put my shoes on.

He lead me inside the hall where everyone was grinding against each other as ‘low’ by Brokencydes played.

“after this song is done” I gave him a nod.

As soon as Low was finished, Ryder pulled me on to the so-called ‘dance floor.’

‘Carry out’ by Timberland started playing.

Me and Ryder weren’t exactly grinding but close to that.

Yep he was definitely drunk.