Memories

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Yuri , happy birthday to you!"

"Happy birthday my gorgeous girl!"

"Wow, you're 8 now! Aren't you growing up, huh?"

"Yeah!"

"Haha, make a wish! Well done, I've got to go to work now sweetie so I'll see you later, okay? Have a nice day with Mummy!"

"Bye, Papa!"

*6:00 pm*

"Hey, *muffled voice*! I'm home haha! Whoops, must destroy all the furniture! ... *muffled voice*? *muffled voice*?! GET OVER HERE NOW."

"Sorry, honey, we were upstairs, are you okay?"

"You respond to ME when I ask you to!"

"Mummy, what's going on?"

"DON'T INTERRUPT ME."

"Pap-"

"STOP TALKING! WHERE'S DINNER? WHY IS THE HOUSE A STATE? HUH? ANSWER ME!"

"It's Yuri's birthday so we've been celebrating, you knew this, you were here this morning, honey this isn't like you-"

"I come home to THIS?"

"Hon-"

"I work hard every day to come home to a messy house and no food prepared for me on my plate?!"

"Mummy, what's wrong with Papa?"

"Shh-"

"AND NOW YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME?! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF BOTH OF YOU."

"Mummy, I'm scared."

"It's okay darling, Papa is just a little frustrated is all."

"GET OVER HERE NOW."

"*Muffled voice* put the knife down! Be careful!"

"Lucky for you I'm pretty clumsy today, but lucky for me, maybe you'll last longer in PAIN!"

"MUMMY!"

"Hahahaha! Now that that bitch is dead, time to get rid of the witnesses. Happy birthday my gorgeous girl! Hahaha!"

"NO! AAAAAAAGGGH!"

"No witnesses..."

"PAPA!" *Heavy breathing*

*2 days later*

"Where Papa hit me has disappeared already... I thought that there would be a scar like Mummy had on her hand... where do I go now?"

"Hey, little girl! Are you alone? ... Oh, you poor thing, here take my hand, I'll take you to a warm place where you can find you parents okay?"

...

"Officer?! I found this little girl on the streets alone, she won't speak to me but I want to return her to her parents."

"Thank you for reporting her, I'll try and find her parents as quickly as I can. "

"Thank you, now you stay with this man and he will look after you and get you home okay?"

"I don't want to go home."

"Maybe she's a runaway... What's you're name?"

"Yuri."