Searching and Finding...

23rd January 2010

A plane ride to Japan later, still in my tank top, shorts and socks, I was roaming the streets of Tokyo. Trying desperately to find the best for to the image in my dream. I didn't have time to track down his exact location, but I could wait where I knew he'd be. The sun set and still no luck. The 26 was only 3 days away, but I couldn't keep going. So I ended up on the nearest bench to sleep. I didn't have enough Yen to get a place to sleep, nor did I need one. I had a little for food and water for when the situation became dire. I'd pulled out some money from the bank account from Wammy's to get the plane ticket, and exchange enough Yen. I curled up on the bench reading and re-reading the letter, reflecting on the time we'd spent together. When we met, when we got the apartment, when we went to Japan together, our last night... And our first. Until I drifted off to sleep.

3 days later - 26th - morning.

"This is it!" I said to myself. "This has to be it! I know it!" I scanned the area for a bench and ran over to the first one I saw and settled down on it. I probably looked homeless, holes in my socks, the same clothes for days, and nothing but 100 yen and a letter in hand. So there, I waited.

That night.

I awoke to the sound of sirens. It was time. I heard the squeak of tyres and shot up, stumbling to get to the ring of policemen. I heard a car door open.

"Hey, come on, give me a break! Since when were the Japanese allowed to carry around such being guns?" It was him.

"Matt!" I wanted to scream but no sound came out, my mouth only hung open as I ran.

"You got me! I'm part of this whole kidnapping incident." I kept going, some police men tried to stop me, but none could get in my way. Not now.

"So that means you'll have a lot of questions to ask," this was it. His final words. I burst through the police men. I wanted to scream him name but still no sound came out.

"You won't," he saw me then. I know he did. I'm certain. "Shoot-" I collapsed to my knees from the sidelines as the bullets fired at him. The world felt like it span around slowly to taunt me, the bullets going so slowly. They repeatedly hit him in the chest.

His eyes through his goggles, I'm certain were locked onto me.

The firing ceased.

That was it.

He just stood there, and stared at me.

Then, he collapsed, landing on the ground by his red car.

I was immobilised by my fear of losing him...

Being realised.

The cigarette in his mouth lit one last time, before it tumbled from his lips landing on his cream body warmer.

He was dead.