He's My Dork {14}

***Misha’s POV***

                “Misha? Are you okay?” my coworker, and friend, Jamie asked with a frown.

                “No. My boyfriend isn’t answering my texts,” I said, shoving my phone into my pocket and nervously nibbling on my nail.

                “Stop biting your nails. I’m sure he’s fine. Isn’t he in high school? He probably has class right now,” Jamie said, pulling my thumb away from me so that I couldn’t bite my nail anymore.

                “You don’t understand Jamie. Someone physically attacked him at school yesterday. I can’t stand the thought of it happening to him again,” I said miserably.

                “Hey, I’m sure he’s alright,” Jamie said with a comforting smile.

                I sighed and looked around the store. Business was slow today, and I just wanted my shift to be over so that I could go home. I wanted to see Collie already. I was worried about him.

                I pulled out my phone and checked it again, but still had no reply from Collie. I had texted him three times already and he wasn’t answering me.

                “I’m turning into the overly attached girlfriend,” I groaned, banging my head against the counter.

                “Well, you’ll have to deal with that later. Customers are here,” Jamie said, patting me on the back.

                I picked my head up and glanced at the door. I froze and felt my face pale as the couple neared the door to the store.

                I gripped Jamie’s arm. “They’re my boyfriend’s parents!” I cried in terror. “Jamie, they hate me! They’re homophobic as hell! They’ve kicked me out of their house and threatened me to stay away from Collie!”

                Jamie sighed. “Well, this will be an interesting experience.”

                “It’s not funny,” I hissed as they opened the door and entered the store. “You handle them. I’m going to go be busy somewhere else.”

                “You have to work the register you idiot!” he said, pulling his arm out of my grip. “Now calm down. If they try to pick a fight with you, we’ll just call security.”

                I nodded went over to the register, wishing I wasn’t so tall. They could easily see me if they looked over.

                As Jamie made his way over to them, I pretended to be busy filing papers. I glanced up, watching as Jamie smiled at them politely.

                “Hello! Do you need help finding anything?” he asked.

                Mrs. Archer held up a piece of paper with a picture of jeans on them. “Yes, we’re looking for these in a size six,” she said.

                “I’ll check the back. In the meantime, there are some jeans in those size right over there!” Jamie said, pointing to the rack. I could tell he immediately regretted doing so.

                The rack of jeans was too close to the register for comfort. Jamie spun around and started towards the back of the store to check for the size they were looking for.