•THIRTY-FOUR•

Read the note at the end of the chapter.

It's important.

〰〰〰

2 Months later

Hayes' POV

I woke up to my alarm clock, and it was 5:00 in the morning.

I looked out of the window and the sky was still dark.

I looked over at Danica to see her all curled up in the blankets next to me.

I leaned over and kissed her cheek "C'mon, babe. It's time to get up." I whispered in her ear

She groaned then pulled the covers farther over her face "why?" She whined "Because I have a surprise for you." "But I don't want a surprise. I want sleep."

I chuckled at her whining and got up out of bed.

I walked over to her side of the bed and turned on her lamp.

She scrunched up her nose and pulled the covers over her face.

"Just let me sleep." She groaned

"Nope," I pulled the covers off of her completely so they were out of reach.

She searched around for the covers with her hand "Hayes." She whined "Hmm?" "Give me back the covers." "I'll give you a sweatshirt and pants." "But I'm too lazy to put those on." "I'll help you." "I don't need your charity."

I picked up one of my sweatshirts and a pair of her black leggings for her.

I tossed them next to her and walked over to my dresser and picked out a pair of sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I put those on real quick then turned back to her to see her sitting up with the sweatshirt on.

"C'mon, babe, we've got to hurry up."

She got up and grabbed her pants from off of the bed and put them on.

"Now will you tell me where we're going?" She asked while walking past me out the door "I told you it's a surprise."

We both walked down to the car and got in.

She sat in the passengers seat and closed her eyes.

I drove us out to where you could see the city lights. The place we went when I took her on our first actual date. It was an amazing view I knew she would like since she loves to watch sunsets and stuff.

"Danica?" "What?" Her eyes were still closed "We're here."

She sighed then opened her eyes.

The sun was starting to come up and I got out of the car.

She sat there and took her sweet time.

"C'mon, you're gonna miss it!" I said anxious to sit down and watch the sunrise with her.

She got out of the car and walked over next to me.

Danica's POV

I'm so tired. Hayes dragged me to the mountains at 5:00 in the morning and now I have to get out of the car into the cold.

"C'mon, you're gonna miss it!" He said full of excitement

He really wanted this even though I didn't know what he wanted to do so I just got out of the car.

I walked over next to him and he sat down on the edge of a steep hill.

He patted the spot next to him, telling me to sit down, too.

I plopped down next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Danica?" "Hayes?" "I love you." "I love you, too." "No. I mean I really, really love you."

"Yeah ok." I chuckled "No. I'm serious." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder

"I'm glad it's all over and I have you back." He kissed the top of my head "Me too. Who was that guy anyways?" "Some guy named Bart Bordelon... It sounds so familiar." "Oh, does Nash know?" "No. I just found out the other day and I don't think any of us need to worry about it."

The sun started to rise and it was really pretty.

"Danica?" "Yes?" "Will you marry me?"

"Will I marry you?" I repeated "Yeah. We can travel around the world and try new things, or we can settle down and have a family. I don't mind what we do as long as it's with you." He shrugged

"You got a ring?"

"No. Not yet."

"Can you pay the bills?"

"Yes."

"Then yes." I kissed his cheek.

I was so happy to be here.

I'm happy all of this happened because I wouldn't be with Hayes right now if it didn't.

I love him, and he loves me too.

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Don't delete this book yet because there's a really, really important part coming next.