•TWENTY-ONE•

Mahogany's POV

I woke up at 11:00 in the morning.

I went to Hayes' room and sat down on his bed. He was still asleep under the covers.

"Hayes," I whispered "Hayes." I whispered while slightly nudging his shoulder "Mahogany? What?" He asked "Ok. So you like Danica, right?" "Ugh. Not right now, Mahogany. Can't we discus this when I'm not half asleep." "Hayes. It's 11:00 already. I can't wait any longer." I said and he sat up and looked at me "Ok, what about Danica?" He asked while rubbing his eyes "You like her, don't you?" I reassured "Yes. Yes I do, Mahogany. Can I go back to sleep now?" "No." "Ok. What did you want then?" "Ask her out on a date."

"No."

"Please. She would love to."

"No."

"Pleeaasse."

"No. Nash said--" "Forget about what Nash said. We're talking about love here." "I'll think about it." He said then laid his head back down "Ok. Fine. And don't just say you'll think about it then just forget about it." I said and he groaned then I walked out of his room and downstairs.

Jack G. was at the kitchen table, eating cereal. I sat down across from him and rested my chin in the palm of my hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked "Hayes won't except the fact that he likes her and she likes him, and it's saddening to watch them not be together. Because they would look so cute together, and they just need to." I ranted on

"This means a lot to you, doesn't it?" he asked while getting up and walking to the sink. I nodded my head "I guess I'll try to talk to him." He said then poured out his remaining cereal down the drain "Seriously?!" "Yeah." He shrugged "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I got up and hugged him "No problem." He said while patting my back.

I let go and walked towards the stairs, but before I walked up the stairs I turned back to him "you have to do it today though." "Ok." He chuckled

Danica's POV

"Danica, Danica." I heard someone whisper. I opened my eyes and saw Mahogany.

"Ok Mahogany. I'll go out with Hayes and all that. Just let me sleep." I whined "really?" "Yes. I jus- I just need to sleep." I started to fall asleep in the middle of my sentence.

-

I woke up at 1:00 in the afternoon.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes and picked my phone up from my nightstand and saw I had a text from Collin.

Hey Danica there were two guys that came by the house asking if you were here. I said no, but do you know why?- Collin

No. That's weird, I'll tell one of the guys or something.- Danica

OK. Promise me you'll stay safe, ok?- Collin

Ok- Danica

I sat down my phone and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I got out and grabbed a black shirt, jean shorts, and put my hair in a pony tail.

As usual, I sat outside on the balcony and listened to my music.

"Hey Danica." I heard a voice from behind me say. I looked back and saw Hayes leaning on the doorframe of the glass sliding doors.

"Hey Hayes, what's up?" "I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to go see a movie tonight.. With me... Tonight." I could tell he was nervous

"Sure, what time?" I asked with a small grin "7:00." "Ok." "Great! That sounds like a good plan."

Damn, this is one awkward kid.

He walked back out of my room, and I sat there and laughed to myself.

I decided to text Mahogany to tell her what happened

Hey Mahogany, guess what?- Danica

What?- Mahogany

I have a date tonight- Danica

I heard running feet come up the stairs then into my room.

It was Mahogany. What a surprise.

"Are you serious?" She asked out of breath "Yep. Tonight at seven Hayes and I are going to see a movie." "What movie?" She leaned her back on the black railing of the balcony "I don't know?" "What if it's a romantic movie?" "Then he doesn't know me enough to date me."

She playfully rolled her eyes "Well, I'll help you get ready for tonight, later." "Ok."

She walked out of my room and I sighed to myself.

I hope tonight goes well.

🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
Wow, y'all really wanted Jox in this story.

I changed Mahogany to having a crush on Jacob instead of Nash so Jox for life. 

I know it's a short chapter and I kind of left you guys on another cliff hanger but I just got back from Canada where they have no wifi and I can't use my data

I'm also sorry that I suck at updating now. I need to step up my game. And I think I also mentioned this before but I kind of want to start a new book.