•TEN•

It took me five hours to get back to Maryland. There were four stops so it turned into like eight hours which was really annoying.

When I got off the plane it was 1:00 A.M. I saw Kennedy, my dad, and my 13 year old stepsister, Melissa, waiting for me near the gate.

They all rushed to me and engulfed me in a hug.

"We were so worried!" My dad said while holding me tight "Don't ever do that again. We will make sure the man that kidnapped you will spend life in priso--" "No, no, no. I wasn't kidnapped. He saved me." "What are you talking about?" Kennedy butted in. I was about to say something until she rudely interrupted me. "Oh forget it. We'll talk about it later. You need to get home and get some rest," Now the hoe wants to step in.

In the car, Melissa went on and on about her day and everything.

I put in my earbuds then a couple of minutes later looked up to see both Melissa and Kennedy staring at me; Melissa had tears in her eyes and Kennedy looked mad at me, so I hesitantly removed my earbuds.

"What?" I asked "Listen to your sister when she talks to you. She missed you very much." She said "Sorry. I'm just really tired and stressed and frustrated right now, and I don't think hearing about someone's generic day will help me." I said "Hey!" Melissa said, obviously offended and crossed her arms over her chest "That wasn't very nice. Apologize, now!" Kennedy demanded

"No. I'm so sick and tired of this! I'm not going to apologize for putting out my opinion. I–" "Hey, hey, hey," my dad said, trying to calm us all down. "Danica. Just apologize, and we can end this all." "Dad. Are you serious?" I asked with hurt in my voice "No. That's not fair. I have to apologize for everything," I said, honestly about to cry "Why are you always on her side? Ever since they all came along everything was my fault and you were never on my side." I said with tears in my eyes, and My dad was just silent.

Melissa continued talking, so I put my earbuds beck in.

I felt my earbuds get ripped out of my ears.

I looked up to see Kennedy looking back at me with my earbuds in her hands.

"What the heck!" I yelled

"Don't raise your voice at me! I told you not to put the damn earbuds back in, but you did! I'm so sick and tired of your attitude!"

"Kennedy. Calm down and sit back down in your seat. We'll discuss this at home. Just give her her earbuds back." He said calmly

Melissa was sitting next to me crying into her hands.

"What's wrong?" Kennedy asked "I-I just hate all of this drama. That's what I'm sick and tired of." She sobbed out.

Fake little brat.

"It's ok, Melissa. We'll stop," She said while correcting her arm "But I want to continue this conversation with you two." She said while looking at my dad then me, then she turned back around in her seat.

She handed me my earbuds. "Don't even think about putting those in your ears because I will take away your phone for a week." "Why? It's not yours. You didn't pay for it. Hayes did." I said then put my earbuds in.

The airport is kind of far from my house so I fell asleep the rest of the way there.

"Danica, wake up." Kennedy said

I opened my eyes and sat up.

I got out of the car and walked into the house.

While I was going up the stairs to my room I was stopped by my parents.

"Not so fast." I heard Kennedy say "Yeah?" I asked "We need to talk."

I looked back at both of them and slowly went back down the stairs.

"Take a seat." She said motioning to the couch.

I sat down on the couch and they sat down on each side of me.

"What was it you wanted to talk about?" I asked "Why didn't you call us?" My dad asked "Because I didn't have your phone number or anything." I said "But I know you have it memorized." Kennedy said

"Well--" "well nothing. You had us worried sick. Don't ever do that again." She said about to 'cry'

"Danica. I promise we'll put the person that kidnapped you in jail, where he will be for a very long time." "No. I already told you guys he didn't kidnap me." I said and it was silent for a few seconds "No. I don't believe you. You're lying to us." He said "No I'm not. We're friends." "Danica Thompson. Do not lie to us." He said, getting angry

"I'm not lying," I said then got up "He didn't hurt me, he saved me. Listen to me for once." I said then went up to my room. "Honey. We do. Just go get some rest. You have school tomorrow." He said

Hell no I do not

-

I was sitting on my bed, texting Nash when my bedroom door opened.

It was my stepbrother, Collin.

"Hey Danica." He said while walking over to me "Collin!" I said then got up and hugged him. He's the only one that I actually like and can get along with.

"So. I heard what happened... What exactly happened?" He asked while wrapping his arms around me and hugging me back.

I sighed and sat down on my bed "Can you keep a secret?" I asked "Of corse." He said while sitting next to me.

"Well I was coming home from basketball practice when there were two guys. One of them got shot so I ran away, then I woke up in a car with a stranger. That stranger was Hayes, the one that shot the other guy. And it's been like a week, and he's actually a really nice guy, and he's not the bad guy. He was protecting me." I said, trying not to give too much information.

"Who was he protecting you from?" He asked "The bad guys. They're apparently after me." "What?! No! We have to leave." He said while shooting up.

I grabbed his wrist "We? No, Collin. I'm not gonna let you get hurt. I'm leaving tomorrow to go back to LA." "No." He said "There's actually a chance of me living if I'm with Hayes, than when I'm here. They're just gonna find me a kill me. I'm sorry, but I have to leave. I promise I'll stay in touch."

He let out a sigh "Ok. Do you need me to take you to the airport tomorrow?" He asked with tears in his eyes. "Yeah." I sighed

"Hey, Collin. Everything's gonna be just fine, I promise." I have him a weak smile.

He smiled down at me and nodded his head while wiping away his tears.

"Do you want to watch one last movie with me?" He asked "Sure."

We went to his room and he put on his favorite movie, Mean Girls.

We were both under the blanket in his big, comfortable bed. I was really tired so I ended up falling asleep the first 15 minutes.

I'm gonna miss this.