•NINETEEN•

We arrived in LA a couple of hours ago, and I'm so tired.

I was walking past Shawn's little office with his computers and tech stuff, when I heard my name. The door was open a crack so I stood outside and listened.

"You have to find her and bring her to me," I heard a man say on the phone "I want her alive, and I want her here now. I don't care how you get her, just do it. She has something special that I want."

I stood there shocked at what I just heard.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Nash talking.

"Guys. They're not gonna find her?" He assured "And how do you know that? They get anything they want." I heard Cameron say "Yeah, Cameron has a point." Shawn said "We're not gonna let them. We'll protect her. They don't know our location and they never will. We're in a secluded area anyways. It's fine."

"Yeah, whatever you say." Cameron scoffed

I heard movement in the room, so I walked back up to my room.

I was sitting on my bed literally shaking because I was so scared. I heard a knock at my door and it scared the shit out of me.

I dropped my head back on the headboard and sighed.

"Come in." Hayes stood in the doorway "I'm going to the store. You want anything while I'm there?" "No thanks." "You ok?" He asked with a concerned look "Yeah. I'm good." I lied

He walked back out the door and I just sat there, contemplating my life choices. I've found myself doing that a lot lately. I hope that's not a bad thing.

1 Week Later

Hayes' POV

Danica has been really clingy, and just been acting really weird lately. We'll be at the store and she'll be really close to one of the guys or me. I'm really worried about her.

I think I'm gonna ask her what's wrong.

Danica's POV

I was on my bed, on my phone when I heard a knock at my door "Come in." Hayes opened through the door and stood in the doorway "Hey Danica?" "Yeah?" I said while setting down my phone "Are you feeling ok?" He asked while sitting down on the side of my bed

"Yeah," I said while sitting up and crossing my legs "Why?" "You've been acting really wired." "No I haven't." "Yes you have." "How?" "You're really clingy, you never want to be by yourself, and when you are you're always locked up in your room."

"... People change." I hesitated

"Please just tell me." He begged

"Fine," I took a deep breath "I overheard Shawn, Cameron, and Nash talking together, and there was a phone recording or something. But it said that they would do anything to get to me, and then Cameron didn't sound too confident about keeping me protected, and I don't think that's a good thing. And now I'm really worried because I really don't want to die," I ranted on.

"What if they do get me, and you guys never--" "Danica. It's ok. We're all gonna do our best to keep you safe." He said while putting his hands on my shoulders and slightly smiling.

I groaned and put my face in my hands "This is so frustrating."

"No. You're going to be fine. The cameras are gone, the alarms are set, and you have like thirteen people to protect you."

"Yeah but the anxiety gets to you, and hits you harder than a truck."

He slightly chuckled then got up "C'mon." He said while putting out his hand "what?" "Come on." He said while pulling on my hand "But I don't want to get up." "Please." He begged "Why?" "I wanna take you out." He said while tugging harder "Why?" "Because I want to get your mind off of things." "No." "I'll buy you ice cream." "...What kind?" "Any kind you want." "... I'll meet you downstairs in five minutes." He smiled then jogged out of my room.