•THIRTY-TWO•

Hayes' POV

I was speeding down the highway, going to the old warehouse that Danica and I went to. The guys may still be there and they also might know about what happened to Danica.

I pulled up in front of the building and grabbed the gun out of the passengers seat.

I got out of the car and walked toward the building.

I walked up to a window and saw one guy, sitting on the couch, sleeping.

There wasn't anyone else in the room.

I walked to the door and it was strangely unlocked. I was honestly kind of nervous to go in there now.

I opened the door and kept my gun close.

I walked into the building and closed the door behind me. I cocked the gun and slowly walked over to the couch.

He was still sleeping on the couch.

I held up the gun so that would be the first thing he sees when he wakes up.

"Hey," I nudged his leg with my foot "Hey, wake up."

He started to wake up and I tightened my grip, hoping I wouldn't screw this up. 

His eyes widened and a high pitched scream came out. At least it was a high-pitched scream for a man.

I quickly covered his mouth. "Don't scream, and I won't shoot you."

I could hear footsteps upstairs and coming down the stairs.

Another guy stopped at the bottom of the staircase.

He turned back around and started to go back up the stairs, so I freaked out and shot him in the back of the leg.

He fell to the ground and held his leg. "Ow! What the fuck?!" He yelled

I turned back to the guy on the couch.

"Where is she?" I grabbed him by his collar and brought his face to my level.

"where is who?" "Don't play dumb with me! You know exactly what I'm talking about." "Look man, I have no idea who you're talking about, but you need to calm down." "You need to tell me where she is first."

"Who is 'she'?" "Danica Thompson! You people have her, and I want her back." I said through gritted teeth.

"Umm.." I could see the fear in his eyes "The one on the fucking servalence cameras." I pointed to the spot where the computers used to be.

"Wait, you were the one who came and broke those? Do you know how valuable and expensive those were?!" I could tell he was starting to get pissed off.

"Hell yeah I was, and I don't appreciate you spying on my fucking family!" I jerked him around

"And I don't appreciate you breaking my precious equipment." I think he forgot who he was talking to and who had the gun.

"Look, I'm gonna give you five seconds to tell me where she is, or else your brains will be all over the room." I moved the gun up to his head

"Don't tell him!" The guy on the stairs yelled

"Shut up!" I yelled then shot him again

I looked back down at the guy I was holding

"Five."

"Ok, ok. I admit I've seen her before, but I have no idea where she is. There are several locations that she could be at."

"Four."

"Uh, she could be in Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Memphis, Baltimore, Atlanta, here- there are so many locations, I don't know."

"Three."

"I'm serious, that's all I know."

I released him from my grip and stood back up straight.

"You're lucky I didn't kill you." I looked at him in disgust.

I walked out of the building and slammed the door behind me.

I got back in the car and headed back to my hotel.

My phone started to ring in my back pocket.

I groaned in annoyance and struggled to get to it.

It was from an unknown number.

I pressed accept and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" "So I see you've taken down my men, good job."

"What? Who are you?" "Let's just say I'm the man who ruined your life."

Right when he said those words, there was so much anger that went through my body. I felt like I had the strength to punch through a brick wall.

"Where is she?!" I fired back "Wow, wow, wow, calm down. There's no need to worry, she's safe here with me." The fact that he was so calm intimidated me "Don't touch her!" "I'll do whatever I want to her." He scoffed

"I want her back!" "I don't have to give her back to you, but I can be a reasonable guy so I will."

"What's the catch?" "Catch? there is no catch, just come alone."

I know it's such a terrible idea to go alone, but it's for Danica.

I took a deep breath "Where?" "Phoenix, Arizona."

"When do you want to meet up?" He was mocking me, and I didn't like it. "Tomorrow night." "ok. I'll see you then." The line went dead.

I put my phone in the cup holder and tried to relax a little, but I couldn't.

I just wanted this to all be over, I just wanted Danica back, and I most definitely wanted to beat the life out of whoever just called me.

🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉

2 more chapters to go

Should I try to update really soon or wait a few days?