•TWENTY-EIGHT•

1 Month Later

I was getting ready for my date with Abby. We've been dating for the past month.

I'm so glad we're together, and I'm so happy I met her that day at the Carnival.

Nash supports us and loves that we're together, but him and Clair never really hang out anymore.

I grabbed my phone and clicked the home screen. My wallpaper was a picture of Abby and I.

I decided to text her and tell her I was on my way.

Hey babe- Hayes

Hey- Abby

I'm on my way- Hayes

K. Can't wait!- Abby

I smiled at her text and slid my phone back in my pocket.

When I picked her up she was wearing a beautiful light pink dress that looked good on her.

"Hey babe." I said to her with a smile "Hey," She said then pecked my lips "Where are we going anyways?" She asked "You'll see." "You know I hate surprises." She complained "I know, but you'll love this one." She looked over at me and smiled "Fine."

We arrived at her favorite restaurant, Olive Garden.

"Aww, you didn't." She said "Only for you." She kissed my cheek then got out of the car.

We walked into Olive Garden and up to the hostess "Reservation for Grier." "Ok. Right this way, sir."

The hostess led us to our booth and gave us our menus.

After a couple of minutes of looking over it I asked her what she was getting "I think I'll get the lasagna. What are you getting?" "Umm, I think I'll get the fettuccine Alfredo." "That sounds good."

-

We were in the middle of a conversation when my phone started to ring.

I looked at the caller ID. It was Collin.

"Hey Abby, I've uhh, I have to take this." I said while holding up my phone "umm.. Ok?" She responded

I got up and walked outside. I pressed accept and held the phone up to my ear.

"Collin?" "Hayes, she's alive."

"Wait, what?" "I got a letter in the mail from an anonymous address and it said they had her." He sounded so happy

"No. She can't be." As much as I wanted to believe it, I couldn't. I couldn't higher my expectations just for them to be taken down again "What do you mean? The letters ri--" "I know you have the letter but it's probably fake." "We have to at least try." "No. It's just gonna get us hurt, and I don't want you getting hurt. Ok?" "Hayes, she's my little sister. I have to." "No, Collin. Don't. Just trust me and stay safe." I said then hung up.

A little part of me still wanted to believe she was here.

I shook off the wired feeling and went back to my date.

Abby was talking about "our future". She was talking about how she wants four kids, and how we could travel the world one day, and that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me, but I don't know anymore.

It doesn't feel the same.

That call changed everything.

I want to go look for her, but it may ruin my relationship or get me killed.

"Hayes? Hayes!" Abby's voice snapped me back into reality.

"Huh? Yeah?" "Are you even listening?" "Yeah. Of corse." I pushed away my thoughts and focused back on her but I couldn't. Every time I looked at her she didn't look the same as she did twenty minutes ago- before the call.