•TWO•

I woke up in the backseat of a car with blurred vision. I slightly groaned while sitting up and blinking to get a clear view of my surroundings.

I noticed that we were on the highway next to a big bright city, and I could tell that it was Baltimore because of some of the buildings

As I tried to comprehend what was going on, I finally realized the driver looking back at me in the mirror.

"So, you're finally awake." He said with a slight smirk.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Hayes."

"Well, Hayes, why am I here?" I asked while sitting up straight and trying to open the door or window.

"They're locked," He chuckled "and I don't think it would be the best idea to jump out of a moving car going 60 miles per hour on the highway." He chuckled.

I sat back in my seat and looked out of the window "You never answered my question." I mumbled.

"Which was?"

"Why am I here?" I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Because you've seen too much." He shrugged.

"You mean when you killed that guy back there?" I asked.

"Yes. And no, I'm not the bad guy. They are." He was quick to defend himself.

"Who are... They?" I asked.

"That's none of your business." He said bluntly.

"Seeing as though I've been abducted and am being taken somewhere because of 'they', it is my business." I crossed my arms.

"Do you need to go to the restroom?" He asked, ignoring my question, turning on his blinkers and switching lanes to the exit off of the highway.

"Kind of," I mumbled "Can you please just take me back home. I won't even tell anyone. I'll just tell my parents I got lost or that I was over at a boy's house or something." I begged.

"No." He answered bluntly once again.

"Why? I just told you I won't tell."

"How can I trust you?" He asked.

"I asked you first." He argued.

"Because I already have enough drama in my life, and I don't need anymore for being a fucking witness in a small enclosed room with a detective questioning my every move for hours and hours on end," I explained "Now answer my question."

"Fine, 'They' kill witnesses." He said like it was nothing.

"What the fuck does that even mean?" I rolled my eyes

"They would have hunted you down and killed you like they do every other person. You would have been like every other person That's been killed- You wouldn't have had any idea they were following you, they would have cornered you, you would have been killed just like that, they hide your body, and no one even cares," he took a deep breath before going on "They don't care what age you are, or who you are, or what they do to get to the target as long as they get the job done. This isn't a game. You have to be careful." He said before pulling over at the gas station.

He parked in a space then looked back at me "I'm going to give you two minutes go to the bathroom and grab a bag of chips or something. I'll be in there with you so don't try any type of funny shit," he lifted up his shirt to show a gun in his pants "or else the blood is on your hands.