•SEVENTEEN•

I woke up to the bed moving, and turned over to face Hayes who was feeling his face.

"You ok?" I asked "Why does my mouth hurt?" He asked "I had to rip duct tape off of your mouth." "Awe man. Now I'll never grow a mustache." We both laughed

"Seriously though. What happened?"

I let out a sigh "Do you remember being on the train?" He slowly nodded

"You thought it was a good idea to get off the train, so we were walking through the woods for hours. These guys drove up to us and asked us for directions but you ignored them. A few minutes later we walked up to the same car. Right when we passed it two people grabbed us. One of the guys grabbed you, the other guy grabbed the back of my shirt collar so I ran. I don't think they were trying to kill us though, I think they wanted to kidnap us. Anyways, I led one of the guys to the woods but he kind of tripped and fell... Down a rocky cliff. I went back for you and you were laying in the backseat all tied up, and you were knocked out. There was a gun on the seat so I picked it up and looked for the guy because he had the keys to the car. And I was in the middle of the woods and it was dark and I kept hearing sounds then he charged at me and I shot and killed him and now I'm gonna die and go to hell and I killed a man, Hayes. I took away the life of another human being." I had a tear streaming down my face because it just feels so wrong.

He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back.

"It's ok. You had to do it. They were after us. I'm glad you did it," I looked up at him "We would have probably been dead by now." "Yeah, I guess you're right," I sighed "it still doesn't feel right though. I killed a man. I hate violence and to see people in pain and stuff." "Just don't think about it too hard." He suggested

"Ok... But can we go get something to eat? I'm so hungry." "Yeah."

We went down to the car and got in. It stunk even more than it did the day before.

We went to a diner then sat down and ate.

"Wait, So you drove through the woods on a curvy mountain road, at night?" He asked "Yes?" I answered more as a question than an answer.

"While being overwhelmed with emotions?" He asked "Pretty much." "How long?" "I don't know? Like two or three hours." "You liar. You can drive." He said with a smirk.

"No. I said I'm a terrible driver, not that I couldn't. Besides, I was--" "You were driving really well. Don't deny it. You love driving, and you know you're a good driver." He said leaning in closer to me.

"Hayes, I was not about to drag you through a Forrest." I said "Ok, whatever you say. I just know that you're a really good driver now. Don't don't worry, your secret is safe with me." He said then winked

"Shut up." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Alright, let's get to this guy's apartment then head back to LA."

-

We were driving on the highway in complete silence.

"Why are we even going there anyways?" I asked "There's probably good information there. He was one of the closest people to the... Him." He hesitated "Him as in this boss person?" "Yes." "What if more of the bad guys are there?" I asked

"They're not," He breathed out while checking his mirror "Nash would text me if they were." "Oh."

-

We got to a small apartment building. It was in the middle of the town we were in, and you would never guess that one of these bad guys lived here.

It wasn't the best looking or smelling building, but I guess this is the place.

We walked into the building and up to room 3B.