Twenty

Crooked

Twenty

         Diamond laughed at the Martin episode that played on her TV. Her eyebrows furrowed once she heard a knock at her door and she looked at her cable box. It was 10:30 p.m., and she wasn't expecting company. She got up from the recliner chair and made her way towards the door.

She stood on her tippy toes as she peeked through the peephole and her jaw dropped in shock—Crook was standing in front of her door. "Get the fuck away from my door." Diamond spat with an attitude. She couldn't understand why he was here. She knew that their little situationship had been over for a while now and she was finally starting to get over the little feelings she had left for him.

"You deadass?"

"Yup nigga, bye. Go back to your bitch." Diamond rolled her eyes in disgust. She was about to walk away from the door, but something kept her feet stuck to the floor like glue. No matter how hard she fronted, Diamond was lowkey excited to see Crook in front of her door.

"Diamond stop playing with me. I don't got no bitch and you know that."

Diamond crossed her arms over her chest before she replied. "You stop playing with me nigga! If that's not your bitch how come you pulled up to our graduation and embarrassed the fuck outta me like that?"

"I didn't even know ya ass was gonna be there. You told me you were twenty, remember?"

Diamond sucked her teeth. She knew he was right, but her pride wouldn't let her admit it. "I am twenty," She lied. "I got left back a couple of times 'cause I had to take care of my brother. That was one of the first things I told you when we met, but of course I don't expect you to remember."

"Yo, my fault," She watched him through the peephole and saw him rubbing his forehead. "The look you gave me that day had me fucked up, on God. I had to come and see you, but I get why you don't wanna fuck with me no more. You be good. Tell Eli to keep in touch. I gotta bring him his game," Crook spoke before he began to walk away. Diamond could feel her heart throbbing with hope. She quickly unlocked her door, falling for his words.

"Treyvon!" She called after him, biting her lip in uncertainty. "You can come in."

Diamond could feel butterflies in her stomach once Crook turned around and began making his way towards her. Once his hard chest brushed past her and he stepped into her apartment, Diamond could immediately feel her vagina begin to tingle. His scent gave her nostalgia and she cursed herself once she felt her panties starting to moisten. What the fuck is wrong with me? She thought. Even though they hadn't seen each other in a minute, the effect he had on her was still undoubtedly strong.

"Eli here?" Crook asked, his eyes darting around the small apartment.

"Nah, it's just me. He's with his dad." Diamond replied. She watched as Crook sat down on the couch and felt nervous once his hazel eyes intently stared at her.

"So, what brings you here?" She questioned as she sat down at the other end of the couch. Diamond felt guilty knowing that she was conspiring with a federal agent to bring him down and didn't want to sit too close.

"I wanted to apologize to you. For dubbing ya shit, choking you, all that. I was wrong. You been the only girl I could really count on, and I should've realized what I had sooner." His words made Diamond's heart melt. She began biting on her fingernails once he continued. "You my ride or die. No other girl could take ya place and I'm saying this shit from the heart."

Diamond was an emotional wreck. She immediately felt remorse as she made eye contact with Crook. Once she saw the sincerity in his eyes, she lost it. She jumped into his lap and began kissing all over his face. "I missed you so much daddy!" She cried. Diamond was ecstatic that he finally said the words that she wanted to hear all along.

CrookedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara