Ten

Crooked

Ten

         After weeping her eyes out, Shay laid on the very couch she was just with Crook on, 20 minutes ago. She couldn't sleep. Her heart hurt from being mistreated by so many boys. She thought giving it up quickly would make them stay.

She thought Crook was different, but he clearly wasn't. It was her fault anyway for thinking he liked her. It's been 6 months; she should've at least known his real name by now.

Shay heard keys jingling from outside the door, the doorknob turning and somebody coming in. A tired and cranky Miss Lady entered. She let out a groan before she dropped her single suitcase onto the ground. Miss Lady took off her heels as she walked into their small living room and her face immediately turned in to a scowl.

"Why are you here?" Shay asked, confused.

"Because it's my muthafuckin' house bitch, why else," Miss Lady responded with an attitude. She couldn't stand her daughter.

Usually Shay would argue back, but she wasn't in the mood to. "I thought you were goin' to Atlantic City with Cathy?" She sniffled.

"The flight got cancelled, anythin' else officer?"

Shay ignored her as she dabbed her eyes with Kleenex. Miss Lady went to the light switch to turn it on. She eyed Shay a little before speaking, "Why you crying?"

Shay didn't say anything as she turned around on the couch, making her back face her mother. Miss Lady rolled her eyes. "Ooh, lemme guess. It's because of Mister ole Crook."

She had heard through her friends and not from her own daughter, that Shay was fucking with the notorious kingpin. Miss Lady could see why, although she had never seen him in person she knew he had money.

"Don't talk about him," Shay murmured.

"Oh girl shut the fuck up. Sittin' on my couch crying over a nigga!" Miss Lady shook her head in disgust.

"I'm not cryin' over a nigga," Shay spat, now catching an attitude. She was tired of her mom trying to kick her while she was down.

"So what the fuck is you doing?"

"I'm cryin' over the father of my child."

Miss Lady started hysterically laughing. "You betta get an abortion! Bitch he don't give a fuck bout you! Carry on hoe!"

Shay could feel herself seething with anger. "Comin from the same bitch that was exactly in my position years ago! It takes a hoe to know one, which is the exact reason why daddy left yo ass bitch!" Shay's smart mouth quickly retorted.

It went silent for a while. Her words had hit a nerve in Miss Lady. She hated when somebody brought up Ricardo because he truly was the definition of a no-good ass nigga. She rode for him until the wheels fell off, but that wasn't enough.

Miss Lady met Ricardo when she was 13 years old, and she fell in love with him instantly. She didn't know if it was because of his handsome looks, those beautiful green eyes or the fact that he always knew what to say. It led her to have his first and only child, Shay five years down the road.

Ricardo was a gun trafficker in New York City but one night they got caught up with a couple of guns in the trunk of their car. Being a fool in love Miss Lady took the bid. Due to a good lawyer, she ended up only getting 5 years in jail due to her clean record, but when she got out, she had to fight the courts to get Shay back and found out that Ricardo left her to go marry some white bitch in Beverly Hills.

Miss Lady was heartbroken, and she still was to this day. Although, she would never admit it, but it was the reason why she resented men now and her own daughter. "You know what bitch..." Miss Lady started as she took a deep breath. She was getting ready to box Shay out, but she just got fresh acrylic nails glued on to her real ones.

"Since you wanna talk all that shit, bitch, get the fuck outta my house!" Miss Lady roared. "Let's see if yo child's father," she mimicked, "will take you in now bitch!"

Miss Lady wasn't done. She wanted to get all her grievances off her chest. She was extra mad she couldn't take her planned vacation away from her annoying ass daughter. "I'm so tired of ya disrespectful, ungrateful, no walls havin' ass! I should've left ya ass at foster care bitch! But guess what? I did everything in my power to get you back and I did! For what? For your ass to grow up and disrespect me! Who raised you for fuckin 12 years without no muthafuckin help? I did bitch! As a strong black woman, I went ahead to gettin' mine, to put food on the table for your sloppy ass! Let's see if yo bitch ass daddy Ricardo finally come back from gettin milk from the store, you stupid ass hoe! Why couldn't Epiphany have been my daughter? Why!"

Shay felt hot tears running down her face one by one. This was why she hated her mother with a passion. She always compared her to Epiphany every chance she got. "Or Aaliyah! I would rather take care of her baby than to take care of that demon child in ya stomach bitch!"
Shay felt humiliated even though it was just her and her mother in their small apartment. Her mom had the tendency to go off on her, but she never went off like that before. Shay just despised her mother. She didn't even consider her, her mom. She really couldn't wait for the day when she died.

"Hurry up bitch, skedaddle!" Miss Lady yelled as she watched Shay get dressed.

She knew better than to wear a dress or something hoeish at this time of night, but she barely had clothes in her wardrobe that weren't provocative. Shay decided on a pair of form fitting dark jeans that hugged her butt and a plain white crop top.

"Don't rush me," Shay rolled her eyes as she put on some sandals. Shay secretly grabbed her keys because she knew that she would be coming back. Miss Lady damn near pushed Shay out the door when she was done getting dressed. "And don't come back with ya fresh ass!"

Miss Lady slammed the door so hard that, the neighbors thought something heavy had fallen. Shay felt dread and fright creeping up on her as she entered the elevator. She didn't know where she would go.

CrookedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara