Author's Note

I know it has been foreverrr since I updated Crooked. I just want to apologize to all of my readers for my absence. I have had a hectic year. I was a senior in college last year and the last chapter I uploaded, I was in my final semester. I was taking 6 classes, had to study for two rounds of midterms and finals for each class. I had absolutely no time to write. I had to take another class during the summer of 2022, and I had an internship as well which again left me with no room to write.

I also started working full time right after graduation, which I'm grateful for (especially in this economy), but it also left me with no time to write. The longer I took to update, the less encouraged I felt to write because I figured that you guys wouldn't be interested anymore. So when you guys comment and message me, I truly appreciate it. It means so much to me especially when I start doubting myself.

I'm sorry for not informing y'all and just ghosting. I shouldn't have announced an update date that I wasn't able to fulfill, and I should've informed you all instead of just ghosting. Moving forward, I will make it a habit to interact on Wattpad whether it's responding to messages or you all that post on my timeline even if I don't have a chapter ready.

I just hateee coming on Wattpad empty handed which is why I stay away if I don't have at least two chapters done. I want to thank all of my readers who have hit me up and asked if I was okay. You guys are the sweetest and I will definitely respond to your messages soon! Crooked will always be my baby and I will publish this book soon. So even if I'm taking long to update on Wattpad, just remember that I am still working on the book behind the scenes. I literally sat on Chapter 29 for six months because I didn't like it at all. I kept rewriting and deleting scenes because I had a mental fog from work and couldn't concentrate.

I didn't want to give you guys bullshit when I know I don't have the mental capacity or free time to deliver a good chapter. Since it has been soo long since I've posted, I've decided to do some quick notes of key moments to jog your memory about the book. It's very vague, so if it doesn't spark your memory I suggest going back to read the chapter. I just can't wait until the book is fully finished, that way this won't be needed and you guys can read from beginning to end. To those who are still interested in reading, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

SparkNotes

Joshua is Crook's foster brother that is helping Nino, who wants to take over NYC drug scene. He played a role in getting his foster siblings killed to prove his loyalty to Nino. (Chapter 21)

Nino visits Aaliyah in jail and begins a friendship with her (Chapter 23)

Epiphany gets raped by Saint (Chapter 24)

Leroy and Travante are enlisted by Saint to kill Nino's grandparents as payback. (Chapter 25)

Crook & Epiphany make it official. He confesses he killed Diamond. (Chapter 25)

Epiphany finds out about her pregnancy and is ambushed by Shay. (Chapter 26)

Ty Ty and Nino have a quick encounter when they both visit Aaliyah at the same time. (Chapter 26)

Taleah (Crook's sister) reveals to Epiphany she has lost her virginity and stays out late to attend dance practice. (Chapter 27)

Leroy attends therapy with Candace for the first time (Chapter 27)

Ty Ty and Epiphany are no longer friends. He throws her teenaged pregnancy in her face and she throws him denying a college scholarship in his. (Chapter 27)

Saint messes up cocaine shipment and Crook threatens to have him replaced. (Chapter 27)

Agent Banks steal Nicholas's ashes (Chapter 27)

Epiphany goes off to college and is contacted by Agent Banks. He presents her a picture of Leroy and Travante on the roof committing murder. He gives her an ultimatum to choose between Crook or Leroy. (Chapter 28)

Leroy tells Crook about Agent Banks after going home and seeing their apartment is trashed and has an eviction notice. (Chapter 28)

Once again, if none of this ringsbells I highly suggest going back to reread the chapters. I know I had to! Ihope you all enjoy the next two chapters! Love y'all!