A saddened smile formed on Michelle's face. "She looks bad. I wanted to kidnap her and help her run away. We have to get her out of there."

Bristle felt her insides tug at her. She felt as if she had been given the news all over again. Determined to not cry, she imaged Lei smiling. It helped keep her focused on her difficult mission ahead.

"Did she tell you anything useful for us?" Bristle asked.

Michelle's shoulders slouched over as she shifted her body to the right. Her mouth flew open then quickly shut. So maybe she didn't, Bristle thought. Michelle's eyes darted to the busy line of peers walking. Before Bristle could even ask what was wrong, Michelle beelined into the busyness. Her wavy hair fell from the bun, flipping every direction she moved. She didn't seem to care, she just kept walking forward.

Baffled, Bristle carefully watched as Michelle nonchalantly furthered into the herd of students. People pushed past her, even gave her snide remarks and yet Michelle's movement did not falter. Whatever had her attention must had been just as important as the information regarding Lei.

Eager to know, Bristle's eyes followed Michelle's unrelenting stare. Almost two feet away swayed Shelby's curvy body. She was strutting with confidence while conversing with two girls to her left. Bristle knew with Shelby's sassy attitude, wild, beautiful hair, and full figure, that Shelby could easily be a plus size model. It was as if it were placed in her blood.

When she was on the bigger side, she couldn't rock her weight like Shelby. She was very insecure and her style was evident. All Bristle ever wore were dark colored clothing from the men section. Now most days it's sports wear since the weight loss. Shelby on the other hand wore whatever she wanted.

The outfit she wore persuaded Bristle even more. Long sleeve peach shirt, light blue shorts and dark brown sandals complimented her well.

When the two, Michelle and Shelby, met, Shelby was the first to speak. "If you're looking to have a one on one with Cammi included, then you can rotate." The two girls beside Shelby agreed.

Bandwagon wannabes, Bristle thought. Unsure if she should join the group or watch from the sidelines, Bristle stayed where she was.

Michelle lifted her hands as if trying to calm Shelby. "I wouldn't bother you if it wasn't important. Just hear me out."

Shelby gave a look of interest as well as skepticism. She looked to her friends then folded her arms into her chest. "Does it involve Cammi?" Bristle was curious as well, but she already knew the answer to that.

"Yeah, but-"

Shelby raised a hand and cut Michelle off. "Then it's not important. Now if you'll excuse me."

With a look of defeat, Michelle stepped to the side. Shelby didn't even hesitate before proceeding on. "I just thought you'd want to know about Lei."

Wasting no even a second, Shelby scampered to Michelle, where she then covered her mouth. "What's that Chelle? La...kers game? Fine, I'm in." She faced her confounded friends and sent them a factitious smile. "See you after class babes."

Both girls shared a look before reluctantly saying bye and blending in with the crowd. Once they turned the near corner, Shelby channeled her attention back to Michelle. Bristle felt disgust build inside of her. She was no real friend. It was evident she was embarrassed of Lei. Lei should be the abashed one.

And here Bristle was thinking highly of Shelby. She even began to regret her lack of communication with Shelby, but not after that. Silly me, Bristle thought, silly, silly me.

The girls made their way to Bristle where she received a look of flummox from Shelby. Bristle naturally assumed it was Shelby's first time seeing her since she came back to school. A lot of people gave her that reaction.

Feeling her lips lower into an unpleased frown, she focused only on MIchelle. She didn't care for Shelby, not after that juvenile stut she just pulled.

"So it is true, the dead has arisen. Welcome back to civilization." Shelby joked.

Bristle's blood began to boil. Even being in her presence, she felt she might snap. She balled her fist at her side and leaned against the wall. Trying to keep a neutral expression, she wondered why they ever were friends. Shelby had always been the mouthy one. In Bristle's eyes, Shelby was a heartless bitch.

"Can we just focus, please?" Michelle questioned.

Shelby shrugged, "Whatever. Just hurry up. I got people to attend to."

That was it. Bristle wasn't just going to sit back and listen to Shelby be a bitch. Fed up with Shelby's bitter attitude, Bristle stated, "We don't need her. She's clearly so embarrassed of us. Go be cool, go be fun Shelby."

Shelby quickly snapped back. "Oh so the ghost speaks? Thought your introvert ass went mute on everyone. And lets not forget we wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for you, Casper."

That set Bristle back. So Shelby still blamed her for what happened to Lei. She reacted poorly, she got it, but it wasn't her fault. Or was it? Bristle always wondered if it weren't for her, would Lei be out of jail. Defeat took over as she looked to the ground.

"Guys stop it. Lei needs us. She's going to prison next year if we don't help her." Michelle pleaded.

Bristle looked up in time to see Shelby's eyes filled with a mixture of emotions. Worry was the most evident. Was she concerned about Lei's well being or herself? Bristle couldn't decide.

"Look we all know she's innocent. We just have to prove it," Michelle stated.

The sound of loud chattering wrapped around their silent atmosphere. Looking at both, thinking Michelle and defeated Shelby, Bristle realized now was the time to tell them. "I...I might have something we can work with."

♀♀♀♀♀