Chapter 14 : A NIGHT TO ReMeMBeR

Start from the beginning

-What ? He questioned with widened eyes.

-It makes some sense .

-But You are not convinced, are not you ?

I shrugged, he just gave me a perfect answer, yet I know well that there is something, something else he's not telling me, I'm not stupid.

-This is the answer , now it's my turn.

-I'm not an idiot, there is something else, there is one answer to all my questions, stop trying to hide it behind your so perfect answer cause I'm not buying it .

His expression has changed, he raised an eyebrow at me.

-AND WHAT'S THAT ANSWER , WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING FOR ME TO SAY, THAT I LIKE YOU FROM THE VERY FIRST DAY, THAT I HAVE SOME SECRET CRUSH ON YOU , UHUN

He shouted loud. Oh My God! This is the second time I made him lose his cool, lose control, what's wrong with me? Do I want to spend the night outside in the street or what? Why am I making him angry? Looking for trouble Rahaf Hun? I cursed myself for pushing too much, while I was trying to hide my face in my plate.

I can't deny the fact that his words hurt me, caused an ache in my heart, I felt heavier, of course I didn't expect him in any world to actually like me, in any way, yet saying it that way, in that tone made me feel bad, as if I'm no one , nothing, unworthy, someone who doesn't deserve a single look from him, he's somehow the popular guy in high school, the one all the girls dream off and I'm just a nerd girl, nobody, a ghost .

An awkward silence had installed in the kitchen, I continue eating my sandwich not able to even look up. He finished first, left his seat , took the plate and the cup and entered the kitchen again, begin with cleaning, I sit there in front of him, not able to look at him, nor to say a word, I was sad, afraid, broke, don't know what brought me here, what am I doing Ya Allah ? What happened to me?

-You're very smart Miss Brini. He decided to cut the silence again, stood in front of me and looked at my eyes deeply, like he's reading them or trying to understand what's going inside .

-There is a reason why I helped you, why I decided not to ignore your call tonight, a reason why you're here, this reason has nothing to do with work yet it has everything to do with everything else.

Then he stopped, no longer fixing me , looking away, he took a very deep breath, trying to be ready for what he's going to say, I can see very clearly that it's not an easy thing for him to say, I could see now why he ignores my questions, why he didn't want to tell me, I could see how troubled he looked and I understand, I somehow felt guilty at this moment for pushing him this much to tell me, for making him go through this battle.

-The reason is , he paused again, this time he turned to me, his eyes were fixed on mine, I tried to escape them, to slow my heart beat to normal, but I couldn't, maybe I didn't want to. Our eyes contact last for what felt like an eternity, it was so soft, deep, the way he looked at me, somehow I think this will gave him the strength to finally admit and tell me what I want to know.

-You remind me of someone.............. Someone very dear to me. He mumbled

To say that I was surprise is the least thing, my eyes widened, I didn't expect to hear this, suddenly I had more of questions in my head, like who is it, what happened to her, this kind of questions I'm not allowed to ask, so instead I sit quietly, not knowing what to say, I couldn't think of a proper answer, I couldn't make one good sentence, I could barely contain my surprise, he didn't add a word neither and just cleaned my plate giving me his back now.

-Do You have a painkiller, I have a terrible headache . Finally, I managed to talk

He only nodded without turning to me then gave me a cup of water , some pain killer. I took it in silence , after that I get up , it's time to go to bed.