Chapter 14 : A NIGHT TO ReMeMBeR

Start from the beginning

-What's funny Miss.Brini Hun ?

What ? My eyes widened of surprise, how did he see me smiling, he must be a wizard or something.

-Nothing .

-Yeah , well If You tell anyone that you were here and I prepared you dinner, I will cut your head, is that clear ?

I cleared my throat and nodded quickly. What a threat !! he doesn't need it, I mean , who will I tell anyway . After a few minutes of silence, I finally said :

-It's for religious reasons, I can't eat anything, some foods are forbidden.

-Oh, and You won't take a break even today?

-No, I can't eat something I know it's wrong.

-Doesn't that bother you ? That you can't eat what you want?

-No, Not at all, I do eat what I want and like, I don't like to eat forbidden food cause I know it's forbidden for a very good reason .

-Hmmm .

He handed me my sandwich, put an orange juice bottle on the bar, glasses, grabbed his sandwich and come to sit near me, I frowned when he did, he was too close to me, I could hardly breath, his smell was inside of me, it's like it's stuck in my nose, I stared at him or a while , he has already begun eating and obviously notice that I haven't begin yet .

-Something's wrong ?

He turned to me, our eyes met for a minute before I look away trying to escape. I brought together my strength, my courage, the version of me who is ready always to face anything and survive, the one who, no matter how much she's afraid and scared will still go for it and do it and said :

-Can You sit in the other chair please ? I turned my gaze to the empty one.

He nodded without saying a word, didn't complain or teased me or anything, he just went and changed of seat, now he's far from me, there is a chair between us, yet I can still smell him.

I took my sandwich and start eating, we both ate quietly, but that didn't last.

-Because today is a special day then you are allowed to ask me one question but that will mean that I will ask you too , is it okay with you ?

Ammm , I thought a bit, I had so many questions for him, so many things I wished to know their answers, to understand, I only have the chance now to ask one , of course he will ask too, which is worrying me, what if his question is hard, a one that I can't answer , what should I do ? Take the risk or not?

-Okay, I agree . I replayed

-Good, You can begin.

-Why did you choose me for the job ? And why for the scholarship? Why did you help me and...

-OO I said one question not a million, he cuts me, so I will answer your first question.

I nodded sadly, disappointed.

-There are things that are not written in a portfolio, things you can only find out from the person's behavior, those things matter .

-What things ? I interrogated surprised, I sounded like a dumb.

That made him laugh at me, a long laughter that didn't make feel any better.

-You can stop at any moment, you know . I said annoyed after what felt like an eternity

-Alright, he hardly managed to stop his laughter, What I found out that day is that you're brave, strong , daring and honest.

-Hmmm