Final Chapter

Stars. She noticed that there were lots and lots of them, each one shining in their own brilliant way. She tried to locate the one that was hers, but she couldn't quite figure it out. Was it the one just above the horizon, the one that was giving her small winks every now and then? Or was it the big one overhead, the one that had its steady light trained on her whole being?

To which star who granted my wish. You just don't know how happy you made me.

She stayed for a long while, in that dark corner outside, just to bathe in their light. She was, at the moment, dwelling on the beauty of life, and if she closed her eyes, she could see herself running with them.

Her eyes were still closed when she felt a presence beside her. She smiled and gave a happy sigh.

"Hi..."

She opened her eyes and turned towards the voice, her eyes as bright as the million shining ones above her.

"Hi Papa"

"What are you doing?"

"Papa, look' she said, gesturing to the vast space beyond. "It's so beautiful, It's so perfect."

"Do you know why? The stars are celebrating too, because the most beautiful princess it getting married tomorrow."

"awww Papa" she answered, nudging him in the arm.

"aww baby girl, give papa a hug"

She wrapped her arms around him in a split second and savored the moment that they were having. It almost felt like an ending; a stop to a story. And she knew that when she wakes up in the morning, another story should have begun.

"Do you still remember when you were a child, you always want to stargazed? then you'll wait for shooting star"

"Haha. Then I'll make a wish and give a flying kiss to the stars before i went inside" she recalled, feeling a very strong sense of nostalgia creeping in.

"And you would only wish for one thing ' I wish for my crush will crush me back"" he said, winking at her.

"What?!! no! I don't.. I wish for world peace and internal happiness" He just smiled at her; the kind of smile that shook her to the core and made her want to go back to the time when she was still small enough to sit on his shoulders. She was already missing him, and she was already feeling the weight of what the new chapter of her life could bring.

"I also remember that you would wish for kindness and love for all mankind. I know I don't always say this, but I am so proud of you," he said, his eyes watering.

"Papa...You were the one who taught me that"

"But you've always been selfless, princess. that's why i wish that someone , somewhere out there, someone else is wishing on a star for you the way you wish on a star for everyone."

She clung to him and started sobbing, feeling like Little Camila again. He started stroking her back and cradling her, making little soothing noises.

"You deserve this happiness, baby. You deserve this happiness, and more."

"Thank you, Pa," she said in between sobs.

"don't feel like you owe those stars a thank you."

"what?" she asked, now looking at him.

"That's why you're here right? you were thanking the stars? that they granted your wish.. Baby don't you know that, that's there gift for you because you are a great person, you have a big heart."

"hmmm??? how did they even tell you that? did the stars texted you?" she joked, trying to deflate her already inflated heart.

"hmmm, nope, viber," he answered, making her burst ito a fit of giggles.