Chapter 23

"Baby, relax," Lauren said, stroking her cheek. They were finally in Cheska's house,and she wanted to pacify Camila's nerves before they went inside.

"I'm good," Camila said, trying to assure her. She didn't want Lauren thinking that she
was losing her cool over a simple dinner.

"Are you sure? then why are you cold?" Lauren said, taking both of her hands and enveloping then in between both of hers.

"Just smile for me babe. I'm here."

She gave Lauren that smile. It worked again, like it always does. Lauren once again
made her feel like she had nothing to worry about. That was one thing she loved
about the woman; she didn't even know how strong Lauren made her feel with just her
simple words and little gestures.

"Let's go. I think they are waiting," Lauren said They walked hand in hand and were greeted by a boisterous banter. It seemed like everyone was already there, waiting for them. She spotted five heads, all of them familiar faces.She'd been wanting to get in that
group when they were in high school, but Lauren always tried to get in the way.

She stopped trying to be their friend when it dawned clear on her that Lauren didnt wanto to include her on their group. The noise died down when they saw them and they turned their heads in unison. Everybody's eyes lightened up and an even louder noise resumed. Everyone fussed over Lauren, all sounding overjoyed that she came.

"Lauren! I thought you werent gonna show up!!!"

"LAUR. Looking buff and Sexy huh??"

"Eenie meenie miny LOLO. Who's that girl who bit your toe?!"

"Dude! Group picture!!"

She just stood there while the small group hovered and clobbered all over Lauren,
wondering if nothing's changed, if she would still feel out of place when she was
with this really tight group. But she felt Lauren squeezing her hand and she'd been
reminded once again that there would always be a place where she'd always
belong: with her.

"Guy! Settle down!!look at Camila, did they scare you? " Carlo interfered, making everyone's attention turn from Lauren to her.

"Oh my god, where are our manners? Sorry, Camila, we just havent seen lauren that much. But we're glad that you could come," cheska said wearing looking so gorgeous in her sleek yellow dress.

"Uh, thanks for having me," she said, summoning up a shy smile.

"It's our pleasure, Camila. It's good that your finally here, I'm begging to get sick with these twins" Mac said, referring to Cammie and Cheska.

"Hey! That's foul! you don't get to have a dessert, Mac!" Cheska playfully scolded  her friend.

"You are sooo beautiful cheska...im sooorry" Macoy answered, kneeling on one knee in front of Cheska.

She couldn't help laughing along with them. Strange, but she felt so welcome all of a sudden. They made her feel like she wasn't an intruder. Like she'd been hanging out with them for a long time now.

"Bye the way, Camila, nice dress," Cammie said, eyeing her with envy.

"Thanks," she said coyly.

"You are one lucky girl, lolo. Camila is a perfect catch," Cammie said while smiling at her.

"I know," Lauren answered, raising their clasped hands and kissing the back of hers.

"Awwww you guys. You look so good together. I can't wait for your wedding!"

Cheska gushed, clapping her hands in delight.

"O cmon, cheska your oogling to much" cheska's husband said