Chapter 29

"Let me see that again," her bestfriend said, grabbing her hand from across the table and staring at the finger that held the most beautiful ring that she had ever seen. They were having their usual brunch at their usual place, and all Dinah could talk about was the ring.

"Dinah.. you've been looking at it since last night!"

"I was just admiring it hmp" she said, making a face.

"Do you want it?" she asked, teasing her bestfriend who looked irritated all of a sudden.

"HMP! NO THANKS!"

"AAWWW Hun, I was just kiddin, Stare all you want," she said, shoving her hand in her bestfriend's line of vision.

"haayyy! Mila Look at that." She couldn't help but giggle at her bestfriend who was closely examining her ring as if it was the most obscure discovery on planet earth. She touched it like it was a fragile glass, and turned her hand in and out just to see it at different angles.

"Do you want to wipe it on a handkerchief? Then wipe it on to your face after?" Camila said while smirking

"YES please!! then I'll make a wish!" Dinah said while laughing

"PSH"

She could see the glimmer in her bestfriend's eyes and she knew that her bestfriend's happiness couldn't even come close to what she was feeling right now. She looked at her ring, too, and was in awe, yet again, of how beautiful it looked and how perfect it was on her.

"Lauren really did go all out. A Neil Lane diamond engagement ring."

"I know. It's perfect," she whispered, admiring the way that early morning light was reflected on it, making it even more stunning.

"But Dinah it still feels like it was just a dream!  "

"Me too hun!. Oh my god. You should have seen Lauren when she was planning the proposal. She's looked like a  constipated chihuahua. Good thing that we were there to her rescue."

"How have you ever done that without my knowledge?" she asked, wondering.

"You want an answer? I'll give you one. You were so caught up in your feelings for your Girlfriend that you didn't even notice we were cooking something behind your back," her bestfriend said, following her explanation with a laugh.

"Do I look that... that... smitten?"

"Hands down, Hunny. You have got it bad for Lauren— hook, line and sinker."

"But she loves me back, Cheechee."

"I could see that."

"And she asked me to marry her."

"Yes, Mila, I was there," she said in a mock sarcasm.

"If this happens to be a dream, Dinah, I would never want to wake up again. I would—- ouch!" she flinched when she felt her bestfriend's hand smacking her arm. "WTF?!!!"

"Wake up call," she said, matter of factly.

"That hurt."

"thawwt  huuuuuwrrrrtt awwwiii"

"You're fired from being my maid-of-honor."

"Eeeh. No can do. I bought a new pair of Manolo Blahnik for that. " she said, giving in.

"Mila.."

"Yes?"

"Uhm... I have something to say"