Chapter 14

"So are you gonna go back to your studio?" Lauren asked. Camila checked the time and saw that it was already half past 2. time always flies whenever she's with Lauren.

"Uh... yeah," camila answered.

"C'mon, I'll drive you," she offered.

"Uhm... no need. I brought my car," while fishing for her keys.

"But-"

"Bye, Lauren!" And she dashed to where her car was parked, not bothering to look back.
No goodbye kiss?!. Tsss.Lauren pulled out when she did, and drove to the direction that she was driving. Lauren took her phone out and called Carlo, her business partner. She told him that she would take the rest of the day off. Lauren woundt let camila go without her kiss. she was jamming while driving then she smiled when she saw that Camila was already waiting for Lauren at her studio's parking lot, arms akimbo.

"Why are you here?" she said. Lauren just stood there with her smirk.Because I still wanna be with you.

"Lauren, I'm asking you. Why are you here? Don't you have a job to do or something?"

"Or something," Lauren said while letting out a small chuckle.

"I have lots of things to do Lauren Michelle....."

"Well then I'll be quiet. I'll just sit there on the corner, I swear you wouldn't even notice that i'm here." "tss ok, whatever you want" camila huffed, giving in.

"But promise me you wont try to bother me or else I'll kick you out, i promise" Lauren just raised her right hand in a mock oath and gave her a smile. Luckily, it worked.

Camila didnt even protest, so Lauren followed her to her workplace. As soon as they came in camila's assistant that lauren talked earlier, is rushing to her.

"Mila! Thank god, you're here. Andi kept bugging me, she wants the draft on her reception's design. and Mr. Lim called. their delivery for the  Gentian Sage will be delayed. So what will we do? Monica's wedding is in 4 days!" Nish on a frantic mode.

"Nish, try to contact Monica and ask her if she'd be okay with Cornflowers, instead. And please, tell to our driver to deliver the drapes to St. Jude immediatley so it's already ready to put up tomorrow. And can you please-" she was cut off by the ringing of her phone.

"Hello," Camila greeted the person on the other line. Then Lauren saw that she winced and put the phone away from her ear. It seemed as though the person on the other line was screaming, and Lauren wanted to snatch the phone away from Camila to scream at said person back.

"Andi. I apologize for the delay but I was out of the office for four hours. Nisha doesn't know where I saved it so she couldn't send it to you," Camila said calmly, now sitting in front of her laptop.

She set the phone in between her ear and her shoulder and clicked away, obviously in a hurry to send whatever screaming Andi needed.

"There, Andi. It's sent. Are you sitting in front of your computer right now?"

"Okay, then. I'll just call you when we have the final invites, alright? And relax, Andi. Your wedding's gonna be what you've always dreamed it to be," Camila said. Lauren couldn't help but be in awe as she sat there, silent and still as she promised, watching her girl hard at work. Camila didn't even acknowledge her presence as she spent the rest of the hours making amends and working her magic. And Lauren realized that for the first time in a long time, it was her who was waiting on Camila and not the other way around.

*****

Camila leapt into action at once when nisha rush instantly at her with her multiple dilemma. Camila felt guilty that she indulged in hours of escapade while her staff was in conundrum. She was actually planning to be away for only an hour, but she forgot about her things to do when she received Lauren's text. Hmmmp. this is Lauren's fault, she mentally reprimanded the woman who was now sitting in the couch at the corner, staying true to her promise of being not a bother. She tried to do her job without being distracted by Lauren. But she couldn't think straight everytime she would look at
Lauren from the corner of her eye. She looked so vulnerable and cute sitting there, surrounded by buzzing people. She looked like a needle in the haystack, like a bird in the sea.