Chapter 2

"Mila," Dinah said a little too softly now.

"you've always known that Lauren's heart wasn't in this arranged marriage thingy? She went along with it only because she wanted to honor her dad's last wish?" She just stared at Dinah.

" Mila ,"she went on.

"Remember the day when I told you not to expect too much? Remember what you told me? You said, 'Hun, I know what I'm doing. I'm in love with Lauren, and if agreeing to marry her because our parents said so-" "-is the only way for her to finally see me, then I'd marry her right here, right now, without skipping a heartbeat."

"I know what I said, dinah. It's just that... hearing her actually say out loud how much she hates being dragged into this..."

For once, Mila was at a loss. She seemed to be bereft. And then dinah saw why that was.

Her bestfriend was trying to hold back her own tears. "Dinah.. am i that ugly?"

"Mila, if Lauren is here she would tell you that you look like a bugger haha You're so ugly I don't even want to touch you! Haha."

"Hahaha! Dinah JANE!! im so emotional right now, can you please support me?"

"At least I was able to force a smile out of that chubby face..haha."

"Excuse me, did you just call me chubby?!! What if i told normani that future "wifey" of yours that you like her?" she said, making air quotes at the word 'Wifey.'

"Shut it!" dinah said,

"You always use that to black mail me " She added, blushing a little.

"Works everytime, dinah," Mila said while raising her eyebrows up and down.

"Come here," Dinah said, finally enveloping Mila into a hug.

"don't you ever cry again mila, you know that if i see you hurt, it hurts me more, Promise me that you'll try to be okay."

"I'll try," she said while still wrapped in her bestfriend's warm embrace.

"And for the record Hun, you are the second most beautiful girl in the world. Next to me..haha."