Chapter 11

Lauren was literally skipping on the path to her house, feeling all light-headed and giddy. she didn't want to read too much into it, but she knew that it was Camila who was causing this unfamiliar thump that her heart did. She was pushing the key in the hole when she felt a pair of arms encircling her even before she could unlock her front door.

"Hi, Lolo," the pair of arms turned her towards their owner and forced lauren to face her.

"Erika, what the hell?"

"Lolo You weren't answering my call. I've been waiting for you," the woman said, pouting. "Erika, why are you here?" she asked, trying to keep her hands off Lauren's neck.

"I got bored, Lolo. I needed to be with you."

"Erika, no,"

"C'mon, Lolo Don't be such a pooper. Don't you miss me?" She tried rubbing her body off Lauren, but she was adamant in keeping her at arm's length.

"Erika, go home."

"But Lolo..."

"I said go home, alright? Go home, stay home, and stay away from me," she snapped.

"you don't have to be rude" she snapped back, frustration showing on her face. 

"Erika. I'm not gonna say this again so listen good. I've got a fiancee, whom I intend to marry three months from now. Stay. The hell. Away." she was about to get in when she heard her snort.

"Camila?? Yeah, right."

"What does that mean?"

"It means I don't believe you. Karla? Camila Cabello? Huh. Feels just like yesterday when you couldn't stand to be in the same room with her."

"Just leave," she said, not bothering to look back.

"You'll come back to me, Lo! You'll come begging me to take you back when you finally get bored of that... that slime!" Lauren closed the door, not wanting to hear any more words from the woman. And then she called his sister who, thankfully, picked up at once. "Lo?" she answered in a gruff tone, obviously woken up from sleep. "Is there any problem?"

"Taylor. Tell your little friend to leave me and Camila alone."

*****
It was a beautiful garden by the pool adorned with beautiful flowers and lit by the beautiful sunset. From where she stood, she could see all the faces of the small crowd, each with different expressions but all mirroring happiness. Then she zoomed in to the face of the groom and she saw the crowd's joy reflected in her eyes a thousand times. I wanna have that glow. Someday. she didn't know why she was imagining Camila standing beside her in front of an altar. Why she couldn't wait for her to walk down the aisle and exchanged vows with Camila. she held that thought when the priest announced those six magic words that meant the bride was, finally, tied to the groom for the rest of their lives. "You may now kiss the bride." she found the perfect angle and took the perfect shot for the kiss. And started thinking, yet again, of Camila. she looked at her watch when the ceremony was finally over and saw that it was already a quarter before six. she had to get going, and soon, before her mom complained that she was late again. Tonight was her birthday dinner, and Lauren was excited. And there was only one reason why. Camila, Camila, Camila. Get out of my mind. she walked towards the bride who was mingling with some guests and playfully nudged her. "Congratulations, Chex!" she said, hugging her friend lightly. "Thank you, Lo! And thank you for doing this for free." she said, referring to Lauren being her official wedding photographer. "Anytime, Chex. But I have to get going. mom has an annual birthday dinner. I instructed my boys tocover your reception and dinner party." "Thank you Lo! I owe you,"