Chapter 13

She drove from her work place to Camila's office to invite her for lunch but it was the staff of Weddings & Lace, Camila's cozy little studio in the middle of the busy metro.
After last night's realization, she couldn't wait to make it up to Camila, only to be disappointed when she wasn't there. she tried calling camila but her phone just rang unanswered.
Hay Camila. When would you ever learn to pick up your phone?

"Ms. Ah...maybe she was in a middle of a meeting" said a petite woman who looked to be of her and camila's age. she didn't know her, as it was only her second time here.

The first was during its opening three years ago when her family dragged lauren, she left immediately after the ribbon cutting. "Do you think she will be back soon?" she asked the woman.

"Uh, I'm not that sure, have you tried texting her? maybe she'll reply"

Text. He snorted. but he did as the woman suggested. "Where are you?"

Viola! Camila Replied, "at the mall. Why?"

"Lunch?"

"Can't. I'm having brunch as we speak."

"Dessert, then?"

"Okay."

"Okay as in okay?"

"Okay as in okay, come follow me here now, idiot. I'm craving for ice cream."
she looked as if she just hit jackpot with the way she was smiling.

she stands up and gave the woman a grateful look. "I'll go find her now. Thank you uh..."

"Nisha," offering her hand. "Lauren, Julie's-" "-fiancee. I know," she finished, smiling at her.

"Your name has been famous around here for quite sometime now."

*****
They were so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't even notice Lauren is approaching them. Lauren kissed her cheek and sat beside her. Lauren and Dinah just staring at each other and waiting who will be the first to greet "French toast," Lauren said. "What did you just call me?" Dinah jane huffed, obviously smiffed. "I meant you're eating french toast. Good choice,"

"Well, I'm done with my 'french toast' and I have to go," She stood up at the same time that her bestfriend did and they gave each other a hug. "Be safe, Hun," she said while hugging her. "You are the one who needs to be safe, especially now that the world has become a very unsafe place," she answered, deliberately looking at Lauren when she said it. "O, where are you going?" Lauren asked.

"Somewhere far. But I'll be watching you. You lay a hand on Camila, I get your ass kicked. Is that clear?"

"Haha. dinah, chill. I'm not gonna do anything bad, okay?" her hands in a mock surrender.

"I'm Holding on to that " Dinah answered

"I have to go. Behave, you two." She looked at lauren.

when Dinah was finally out of sight and saw that something felt weird.

"You seem different," she commented. "Different how?"

"That smile. It's strange. It's as if you were hiding something from me?"

"You're imagining things, Camila, So are you ready to get some ice cream?" grabbing her hand and leading her away. Camila couldn't believe that they were walking hand in hand like a normal couple. A few years ago, She would just imagine this, A few months ago, she would've laughed had somebody told her that she would someday walk hand in hand with THE Lauren Jauregui. But now it's finally happening. And just when she thought it coudn't get any better, she shifted her hand slightly and intertwined their fingers. She looked up to find Lauren staring at her.