Chapter 4

Lauren's POV
she saw the confusion on her face, then the recognition, and then that momentary shock. she found it cute how all those emotions played in her face like a slideshow.
And then she took notice of how she was barely wearing anything, except for that stupid hoodie. And got blinded by the beauty of her legs. Oh shit. Why am I staring at her legs? she willed herself to look down and saw how cute her feet looked with nothing on. She had the sweetest little toes the sweetest little toenails. They were naturally pinkish, and unadorned, and she wanted to touch them... tickle them. Get a grip, Lauren. That's Camila. Just Camila.

she forced herself to look back up her face, and stifled a groan when her eyes roamed the length of her legs again. And then she saw, in all her beauty, a very pissed Karla Camila Cabello.

"Lauren Jauregui. What are you doing here?"

"Hi Camila."

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" she asked while trying to wrap herself even tighter with her jacket. That is the only time that Lauren realized that the weather is too cold And it looked like it was going to rain anytime soon. And she was standing at her doorstep, aware of how hard she was guarding her door.

"Lauren?! what do you want?!!!" she half-shouted, probably trying to sound menacing and at the same time not wanting to wake her neighbors up.

"Camila, let me in."

"No."

"Karla Camila"

"What?"

"Let. Me. In."

"I said no."

"Camila, don't be stubborn. You're obviously feeling cold. Just let me in, alright?" she was hoping she would just do as she says.

But she forgot that yes, this is Camila. The girl who never does anything that anyone forces her to do. That's why she got the surprise of her life when she agreed to the wedding. It was so unlike her to give in to her parents' demand.

Her siblings had pointed out to her a lot of times that she said yes because she liked her.
And judging by the way she was trying so hard to hide that blush when she checked her out earlier, her sibling were probably right.
Camila wasn't talking. But she could see her defense wearing thin. So she did what she had to do. she forced her way into her unit, much to her dismay.

"What the? Jauregui! did i tell you to come in?!"

"camila I just want to talk, okay? It's not like I'm going to rape you," she said, taking care to lock her door again.

When she turned around, she saw that blush again. And this time, it was full blown. "Haha. Look at you. look at your tomato face?"

"Wha- Will stop Lauren or else I'll call the police"

"Camila, I just wanted to talk."

"About what?!"

"Us."

"At 2 am? On a Monday? Please !I've got places to go five hours from now. You are in my way of getting a peaceful slumber. You know what, come again another day."

And as if on time, they heard the heavy downpour from outside, coupled by numerous thunders.

she saw Camila flinch. Some things never changed.

"Until now? Wow Camila, am I the only one who grew up?" she teased.

"Shut up," she retorted.

"Shiit how will you able to go home! "

"Uhm... I... wouldn't?"

"What?"

"Let me stay the night, Camila."

"WHAAT?!"

And she wasn't prepared for her next move. She grabbed the beanie closest to her and started hitting her with it.

"Ouch! Camila! Ouch! What the-"

"Pervert! Rapist! "

"Camila!! Stop!"

"I. Hate. You!" She was already tired but she just continues to smack her.

"CAMILA, I swear, if you don't stop I would kiss you until you forget your last name." Her hand stopped mid-air. And there came that blush again. It was really cute. Oh god, Lauren. How many times do you have to use the word "cute?"

"Pervert." She whispered.

"I heard that."

"Whatever, Jauregui."

"Hahahahaha. Camila, when I asked you to let me stay, I didn't mean that I would actually sleep with you. I just didn't want to drive in this downpour. Do you really think that I'm lusting after you? Haha."

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" She said while covering her ears.

"Fine. Suit yourself, I'll be going back to my room"

"On second thought, Camila, i can do you," she quipped while blatantly running her eyes up and down her gorgeous legs again.

"let's sleep together?"

"Arrrgh. Don't you dare!" And she half sprinted to her room to the sound of her laughter. God, Camila. You're such a beautiful pain in the ass.

*****

Camila's POV

What the hell just happened? Camila kept pacing back and forth in her room. It's been a full five minutes since she left her wife-to-be- correction, her ex wife-to-be- at her living room but she still couldn't calm herself down. She was palpitating. She could feel every nerve ending on edge. She couldn't sit still. Goodness. Is this how it feels to be having a heart attack?.

After what happened earlier today, she didn't expect to see Lauren ever again, much less knocking at her doorstep. And the annoying thing is, she stood there in all her Beautiful glory, as if she didn't do anything wrong. As if she didn't break her heart into a tiny million pieces by rejecting her.

that arrogant prick! she didn't want her to be her wife? To tell it to her face how much she despises tying the knot with her? Was that it? Did she come to give her one clean blow? But why did she look at me like she was liking what she was seeing? Why did she look like she wanted to kiss me? Okay, Camila stop. don't be too assuming. Be good to your heart. She tried to lie down on her bed to get what little sleep she could get.

She was so mad that she'll be driving all the way to a province at 7 in the morning and she needed a shut-eye. But here she is, wide awake, thinking of that heartbreaker who, weirdly enough, is just a wall away from her.

Stop torturing yourself. She tried counting sheeps to lull her to sleep. And she was actually succeeding when she heard a howling sound outside. Oh my god. is there a storm coming? how will i go to my meeting which is 5 hours of driving.

She slipped inside her warm comforter when she remembered that lauren is probably sleeping on the couch and that she had nothing but her throw pillows to keep her comfortable.

She didn't think twice, She got up again and grabbed extra pillows and blankets. She didn't want Lauren getting cold. she broke her heart one too many times but she didn't want Lauren getting cold. There goes your resolve, Karla Camila Cabello. Congratulations for being weak.