Chapter 6

"Explain," dinah said while she was driving the car.They were on their way to attend a common friend's wedding. Well, she was also the organizer of the whole shebang, and Dinah was one of the bridesmaids. she is always the designated driver, as her bestfriend has always been a reckless one.

"I keep telling you, dinah. she came to my place, the rain is too strong, she can't go home, she slept on the couch , you sucker punch her. End of story,"

"Mila you kept telling me that awhile ago"

"Dinah What else do you want me to say?"

"Well for one, why was she there at your condo?" and now that she remembered she forgot to ask her why was she there.

"you know what dinah that's weird cus I clearly remember her saying that she wanted to talk about us."

"Talk? About us? I mean you, US? when did ever happen there's you and her?"

"One minute she was telling her mom that she was calling off the wedding and the next minute she was at my doorstep wanting to talk about 'Us."

"Hmm. mila, there's something strange about the whole picture,"

"Exactly,"

"mila?" dinah asked after some time.

"Hmm?"

"maybe she came to confess her undying love?" dinah asked with playful eyes.

"that will never happen"

"What if ? What if she's in love with you?"

"dinah, you are hopeless. you do know that it's not possible"

"Nothing's impossible, Mila."

"dinah, She will never like me, I'm not even her type"

"oh cmon camila even blind people will like you"

"dinah you're only telling me that because you're my bestfriend"

"I'm telling you that cus that's the truth"

"Aww thanks Hun. you really know how to make me smile."

"You're welcome, Hunny. I'd kill and die for you."

*****

Lauren's POV

"I'm telling you dude, that girl could throw a punch. it's still fucking hurt like hell."
she was having lunch with her brother chris in one of the family's resto. It was their weekly Monday date, and it was supposed to include all of their family but they are all busy on this particular day so the lunch turned out to be just for her and his older brother.

"let me take a look," Chris said, trying to remove his shades.

"Dude, no need, I look hideous. And besides, dimpled girl at table 3 is checking me out. she might go turn off when she sees my black "

"Tsk. you never change do you?" said by chris while winking at that same girl who's been making googly eyes at Lauren.

"Look who's talking," lauren said while laughing.

"Haha." chris took a sip of his drink and waited for Lauren to tell the story.

Three minutes passed and Lauren was still engrossed in her steak. "Lo, spill."

"Huh?" Lauren said

"I want a full disclosure of what happened last night. Every tiny detail."

"You Know what, You're beginning to sound like Taylor..haha," Lauren teased.

"Don't go off topic. C'mon Lo, let's hear it." So yeah, she told her brother of her earlier conversation with their mother, then of her conversation with taylor. she told him how she found himself driving to Camila's condo and how she disturb camila, 2 in the morning. she told him how she ended up sleeping at Camila's couch and how she got a staggering punch from Camila's bestfriend.

"Hahahaha," Chris was clutching his stomach while laughing.

"Dinah babe hit you just because you opened the door for her? Hahahaha. That was epic! I would've wanted to see that, Lo!"

"oh you think that's funny cus it weren't you"

"Seriously, dude. You should really stay away from Dinah babe. He disfigured our classmates' nose when we were in college! but the real question is why who would she do that to you?"

"that i don't know, Maybe you could tell me. After all, you were in the same class as hers for four years," she said, her voice laced with sarcasm.

"Haha. Maybe you had it coming, ."

"What?"

"Judging by the way you've been acting towards mila, I'd say you asked for that punch." she just stared at her brother, her words not fully registering on her hazy mind.

"You've been nothing but an ass to mila, sis, dinah's punch was nothing compared to the heartache that you've been giving her bestfriend."

*****

Camila's POV
It had been a tiring day for Camila. She sprung into action once she got to the wedding's venue, smoothing out the last-minute glitches to the event. Just when everything was set, she had to comfort the bride who had a sudden attack of cold feet. Then she had to deal with the wrap up. It wouldn't have been that exhausting had she gotten her usual amount of sleep last night.

But no, Lauren had to show up. that's why she's so sleepy and tired, dinah was left there at the event cus she has a photo shoot on the same location. So Camila had to drive alone. She had to literally crawl to her unit when she got to the building.

She wanted to collapse on her bed and there was nothing on her mind at the moment but her bed. She startled when the lights opened as soon as she entered her door. And then she saw the person who's been running on her mind all day, and the many days before that. "LAUREN MICHELLE JAUREGUI WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE AGAIN?!!"