Chapter 10

Lauren couldn't quite fathom the fact that Camila agreed to her proposal. she kept replaying the earlier conversation in her head, trying to make light of it. Holy wow, she really said yes! Camila said yes! Yes, yes, yes! She literally bounced to her car.
she felt elated. she couldn't even remember the last time that she ever felt this way. she felt like celebrating. she felt so light, like walking on air. And she could feel her heart beating, as if it would burst out of her chest at any given time. Haaaay, Camila. You have no idea what you're doing to me. she was pulling into her parking lot when her eyes caught something in the rearview mirror. And then she smiled. Wow. The gods must really be on my side. she turned back around and drove as fast as she could, ending up in the place that she was already beginning to get used to. she took the key from her wallet and was welcomed by the familiar orange couch. So this is how it feels like, coming home.

*****

She just couldn't erase the smile from her lips, no matter how hard she tried. It was just... so good and wonderful with Lauren that she didn't even want to sleep for fear of waking up from this dream. She touched the cheek that Lauren kissed oh-so-gently. She was acting like a teenager with a silly crush. Heck, she was acting like she did when she was fourteen, when Lauren gave her a stuffed toy for her birthday. It felt so much like a scene from a Disney movie, all that was lacking was the prince sweeping her off her feet and driving off into the sunset.

When she felt her door being pushed. And then she felt Lauren, even before she saw her. It was like her heart knew Lauren better than her mind did. She stood up and tried to suppress her grin when they came face to face with each other. Again. "Hi..." greeted by Lauren "Lauren Jauregui. three" camila said , still looking serious.

"Wh- what do you mean?" stutter Lauren is cute.

"Three nights in a row, Lauren. Three nights in a row you have been going at my condo" she said, now finally grinning.

"What is it now?"

"Uhm... I forgot to give you these..." she said, handing her the bouquet of pink roses that she'd been hiding in her back. She looked at the flowers, then at her. She didn't know what to think of it all. She didn't want to assume, but here was the beautiful woman of her dreams at the night of their first date, giving her a bunch of beautiful flowers for the second time in a row. She started to tear up again so she looked down at nothing in particular to try to regain her composure.

"I was hurrying to get to you, I totally forgot that I brought flowers, i only remembered when I was finally home," as if she'd committed a big mistake. She looked back up at Lauren and saw that she really looked apologetic. That was another first.

"Thanks for the flowers" she smiled. It was something that started at her eyes and moved all the way to the corners of Lauren's lips before it became wide. And that smile held every mystery that she wanted to solve. She wanted to know what made him light up like that. She wanted to be the one causing him to light up like that. "Camila..." "Hmm?" "Are we gonna stand here all night or are you gonna ask me to stay?" she asked, still with that megawatt smile that she just couldn't say 'no' to. "Uhm... Lauren....." And before she could tell her, another voice broke through the room.

"Camila!! what the hell?! holy mother effin cow! Lauren Jauregui?!"

*****
And just like that, Lauren felt robbed of her moment again. Dang it! "Hi, Dinah banana," trying to at least be civil. Dinah walked towards them infront of camila, shielding her from her view.

"You've got some nerve, huh. Do you want more of that?" she asked, pointing at her already fading eye bruise.

"Dinah"

"Please?" The two exchanged a knowing look, and she just stood there waiting for them to come out of their bubble. It looked like Camila had won, as dinah started walking back to the kitchen, leaving the two of them alone again.

"I could take another black eye if it meant being with you again, camz,"

"Hmp. If I know, you are scared at dinah but I'm sorry , For the punch."

"No worries, Camz, chris told me I deserved it."

"Huh?" Camila asked, looking puzzled.

"Nothing. Uhm, I guess I better get going."

Lauren just smiled at her. she was, once again, tongue-tied just because of that beautiful laugh. There was something about that laugh that was very disarming,  ok Lauren You're acting like a lovesick idiot. Lovesick idiot? LOVESICK idiot? Now where in the Bahamas did that come from?

"Jauregui? thank you for coming back to earth"

"Huh? Ah. I think I really have to go now. Bye, Camz," she said, turning around and heading for the door. "Goodnight, Lauren,"

"Be careful out there."

"Thanks." Lauren faced her again and saw that she was as reluctant to let her go. It was as if she would be willing to give her the world if Lauren asked for it. Oh, shit. So Lauren grabbed her by the shoulders and crushed her to Lauren body in a very tight hug.
Lauren felt her hesitate at first, then she felt her relax into her chest. "Hmm," she mumbled, seeming to inhale each and every scent of lauren.

"I could stay this way forever, Camzi" She whispered, inhaling the intoxicating scent of her hair. All of a sudden, she seemed to have woken up from her stupor and wiggled her way out of Laurens arms. "Uhm... bye Lauren be safe," her cheeks the color of ripe cherries.

"Sweet dreams, camz." Then she started to really walk away. she heard her call his name one more time. "Lauren..." she stopped dead in her track and fought the urge to to run back to her. Instead, she calmly turned around and waited for whatever she had to say.

"Dinah is the one who like pink roses"

"Huh?" lauren asked

"Daffodils," she muttered. "Next time, get me daffodils."

*****
"Wow, Hunny. i was only away for days you've been doing uhm... stuff with that Lauren jerk,"

"It was just dinner, Dinah" she said, now pouring chocolate drink on her cereals. They were having their usual midnight snack, a routine of theirs whenever one would sleep over the other one's place. They love to eat in the wee hours of the night, and fortunate, they both have great metabolism to ward off unwanted traces of midnight snacking.

"Camila..." she said, softly this time. "Please. just. I know... I know... You love Lauren and she's the one for you, blah blah blah. But Hunny, hold on a little longer, okay? Before you surrender. Before you concede. she may be the only woman that you've ever loved, but that doesn't mean that she has every right. you do understand right?" She kept her silence, afraid that she might burst the waterworks again if she spoke up. "Camila, Lauren has to deserve you first. you're all worth it. she has to be madly in love with you that she couldn't even be any more in love if she tried. You shouldn't settle for any less than that." "I know, Dinah. I know..." she answered before a tear came rolling down.

C&L love story (camren) - COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें