Chapter 25

"We love you more than ice cream cakes! We love you more than bugs and snakes! We love you more than all things mentioned before.."

Lauren was singing the tune while walking to their family's resto on another Monday lunch date with her family. She parked at the only empty spot which was way around the bend, so she had to walk under the bright afternoon sun.

Normally, she would throw tantrums at the fact that she wasnt able to park her car properly, that she has to walk under the scorching heat. But today was no ordinary day.

Three more sleeps to go and Camila would be home.

Three more sleeps, baby. Three more sleeps and I swear I'm never sleeping without you again.

"You're extraordinary. You're kinda short and hairy. The color of a blueberry.."she continued singing.

She couldn't help but smile. she remembered that that was the very same tune that she was singing when she was cooking breakfast for Camila. The day she took the plunge. The day she tossed aside her fears and decided to take a chance at genuine happiness.

she laughed when she remembered how her heart stopped beating when she heard Camila humming along. Not only because she was caught singing her favorite cartoon theme, but also because she stood there looking all beautiful and angry, and she didn't know how to be around a beautiful but angry Camila.

she thought that flowers and breakfast would do it. But Camila gave her a damn hard time. Everything about it was new to her: pursuing a girl, having to apologize, and going all-out and extravagant just to prove that she was really sorry. For a while she forgot that Camila wasn't like any other woman, and she deserved so much more than an early morning surprise.

She deserved her heart.

And she gave it to her. Because she knew and felt that it was right.

Even before, Camila is the rightful owner. Even though she tries to stay away, her heart had been screaming at her to go get her girl.

"I think it's kinda scary. I can't find you anywhere-y. It fills me with despair-y..."she sang further. Then laughed when she heard herself and saw how ridiculous she looked: walking on sunshine and singing such a sunshine-y song.

Hahaha. Damn. This is all your fault, Perry.

"Who's Perry?"

Lauren was definitely shock that her brother walked behind her, with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"CHRIS!"

"Lo, Sis, who's Perry?" Grinning at her

"Huh?" trying to hide her embarrassment

"Lo, you were singing about somebody who was kinda blue and hairy with a color of blueberry! With the name of Perry?! Hahahaha. That was legendary,

Lo!," while teasing her and making her turn red.

"Shut up, Chris. I wasn't."

"I was at your back the whole time, Lo. You didnt noticed me, because your mind was obviously... occupied," he said, following that statement with a wink.

Lauren chose not to answer and continued heading to the resto that was already within their line of sight. To her annoyance, chris hummed the tune that she was humming, probably to annoy her even more. she scanned the crowd for her family's faces once they got inside, wanting to divert Chris's attention away from her blooper. Unfortunately, they weren't there.

"So I'm guessing it's just the two of us again," Chris said, probably reading her mind.

"Why do I always get stuck with you?" she grunted.