Chapter 1.

Waking up to the loud ding from my alarm clock I blindly try to find my glasses on the small table next to my bed.

Once I obtained them I place them onto my face to equal with my eyes.

Then entering my bathroom I brush my teeth, remove my pajamas and hop into the tub for a shower.

After my shower I walk to my closet searching for what to wear for school today.

Smiling at the outfit I picked out I pull out an oversize long sleeve flower pattern shirt, a blue cardigan, a long plain skirt, and my short busted brown leather boots.

Leaving my front bangs out I pull my chocolate brown hair into a messy bun.

Without brushing the parts sticking out, because I am afraid of hairbrushes/combs; long story don't really like to speak about it.

I grab my book bag quickly making my way downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning" I greet my mother and father once I arrive at the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetie, sit down for breakfast" she suggested.

I shake my head no.

"Can't, have to get to school early today to review my Global History notes in the library before the pop-quiz" I excuse.

"At least take an apple" my dad replied sipping some of his coffee while reading the newspaper in his hand.

Obeying I took one of the apples from the fruit basket placed on the table.

"Bye, love you!" I shout kissing them both on the cheek before rushing out the house.

After about 15 minutes of walking while munching on my apple, I had finally arrived at school just in time to get to the library.

~*~

Siting at my usual spot which was at the end of the library in a corner of a round table.

I loved going into the library. It was like my other home. It was so quiet, peaceful, and the only place I know idiots didn't know the way to.

"Grace" a voice whispered.

Great, an idiot found me.

"What do you want?" I ask tiredly.

"Why so crumpy, woke up at the wrong side of the bed?" she asked taking a seat across from me.

I roll my eyes.

Meet Claire Evans. One of the popular girls. Annoying, selfish, self-centered, does insult me from time to time, barely wears clothing, and has the brain of a peanut.

One good thing about her however is that she's pretty, but what's the point if your inner appearance is rotten?

"I'm trying to review for a quiz, why are you bothering me?" I asked.

"Hey, cut me some slack! I actually got lost on my way here. But anyway did you get the thing?" she asked getting straight to the point.

I nod causing her grey eyes to light up.

Pulling out a blue folder from my bag I placed it on the table in front of her.

"There, your 5 page essay summary on the book 'How To Kill A Mocking Bird', you're welcome. Now can you leave me alone?" I asked with a fake smile.

"Thank you Grace, you're the best!" she replied giving me a hug.

"But if you tell anyone I said that, I'll have your head ripped off" she threatened as I pushed away from her hug, then my glasses up to my face with my middle finger.

"Bye now" she said with a wave flipping her light brown/blonde tipped hair as she walked out causing all eyes to go on her.

I so dislike her.

I know, I know. If I don't even like her why am I doing her homework for free?

Well, because I have no choice but to like her.

And why is that you may also ask.

Because, Claire Evans is my cousin, unfortunately.

Hearing the first bell ring I collect my belongings and make my way to first period class.

Yay, pop-quiz time!

~*~

"Look at this!" I hear from behind my locker.

Ugh, not again!

"What now?" I ask with a sigh closing my locker shut facing Claire.

"Look at this!" she repeated angrily pointing to her final grade on the summary I wrote for her.

And big D- was written across the front page with red sharpie.

Impossible.

"But-that was a perfect summary" I stated confused as to why a summary like that could get such a grade.

"Yeah, way too perfect you could even say. He took down so many points, because he thought I copied it off online." she complained.

"So you're saying I didn't make it dum enough for you?" I ask.

"Exactly! Can't you do anything right? You're literally worthless" she insults crumbling the paper, throwing it at my face, then walking away.

I let out a huff bending down to pick up the crumbled paper and throw it out the trash.

Then turn my heels to head to English class, but right when I turned I was knocked down to the floor by a hard shoulder causing my glasses to leave my face hitting the ground and all my papers to fly out of my hand.

~*~

Author's Notes...

Hello my lovelies,

So glad to be sharing another chapter of this book with you all.

I know they're short, but they'll get longer along the way; promise.

Anyways, hope you enjoy.

Make sure to vote, comment, and follow please!

Thank you all so much, lots of love from me to you; bye!

P.s. Check out Claire Evans in the box!

And comment if Claire and Grace look alike!