I had a mission to get close to Nick, and I was going to have to do it; putting my personal feelings aside. Whatever I had to do, I would do. It was all for Nick's well-being. Maybe he could tell me something that could help our company solve his problem and he could go back to his real life. To his family. 

I know perfectly well he would never be able to be happy here. He has no one that he loves. He can't make music with his brothers, or sell-out entire tours. He was stuck on a beach house in freaking nowhere. People like me loved this life, but I was born here so I don't know anything else. Nick's is from the city. With tall buildings and pretty lights at night. I don't know any of that, but I'm sure he misses it. I would if I were him.

When the sun was setting, and Blake had almost gotten arrested twice in the past couple of hours, I told him it was time to call it a day. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Him to his "hut" and me to my house. 

It was quiet when I stepped inside. It was also dark because no lights were on. 

I climbed up the stairs and knocked on Nick's room but got no response.

"Nick are you here?" I asked, but silence followed. I opened the door and found the room empty.

Where on earth could he be? He should have stayed resting, I'm sure he's not a hundred percent yet.

"Nick! Nick!" I started shouting around the house, but got no response. I walked down the stairs. I was going to call Blake to get him to help me look for Nick. Who knows where he was! It was getting dark!

When I was in the kitchen, ready to dial Blake's number from the house phone, someone whispered in my ear.

"I'm right here" Nick said in a deep low voice. I almost dropped the phone.

"Holy crap! You scared the living shit out of me, Nick!" I accused while glaring him down and hitting him

"Ow!" he whined, pretending it actually hurt; even though I didn't even hit him hard.

"I'm sorry! I just saw you so worried I thought I should let you know I'm here and perfectly fine" he said this with a smirk. I literally felt like slapping the smile off his face.

"I wasn't worried. I just felt slightly concerned because if something were to happen to you my dad would blame it on me" I bluffed.

"Are you sure about that?" he asked, stepping closer to me. 

I didn't want to but I stepped back, searching some distance. He only smiled wider and stepped closer. I was going to step back again but my back made contact with the refrigerator.

 I cursed inwardly.

He had me right were he wanted me. 

He placed both of his hands against the fridge on each side of my face and then he leaned closer.

"So... you were busy today?" he questioned.

"I, uh" I stuttered. Damn him and his closeness.

"You weren't were you? You were just trying to get rid of me?" This time his face was serious. I took a deep breath to try and calm down my racing heart.

"It's not like that" I whispered. 

He studied me carefully and I lowered my gaze.

"How is it then?" he asked. It sounded like he really wanted to know, but I don't think I wanted to tell him.

"It's complicated" I said after a brief silence.

"Everything in life is simple, it's us humans that complicate everything with our doubts, our feelings and our fears" he told me. 

I bit my lip. He was right about that.

"Why don't you try to guess why it's complicated?" I suggested.

"Because I already know. I just want you to say it" he said. I quickly met his eyes with mine and he was serious. His face blank and unreadable.

"That's stupid. If you already know than why torture me by making me tell you? Is it to inflate your ego, because if that's it I don't give a-" but I was cut off by his lips on mine. As soon as they made contact, it's like everything was forgotten. Nothing else mattered. I grabbed hold of the back of his neck with one hand and fisted the other through his curly hair.

He rested his hands on my waist, keeping me in place while our mouths met the others in a desperate manner. It was a kiss full of frustration but even this died down after a while and then the kiss slowed down and it was gentler and softer.

Nick sighed in the kiss and broke contact. I was about to protest when he let out a breath and rested his forehead against mine. 

"You like me. You don't want to but you do. So you try to avoid me" he said.

"I" but he placed a kiss on my lips to stop me from talking. I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips.

"I like you too. God knows I don't want to, but I can't help it" he added.

I didn't know what to say to that. What could I say to that?

"Then what?" I asked.

He sighed again, "I really don't know. Maybe we should get to know each other better and see where it goes?" he inquired.

I played the idea on my mind for a bit.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked.

"There's only one way to know" he said.

____________________________________________

Used to have everything figured out,

but it's different now.

When you came, you saw, you conquered my heart.

It's your laugh and your smile; 

Wanna stay for a little while.

 I don't wanna go, I just want you in my arms.

This is critical, I am feeling helpless. 

So hysterical, and this can't be healthy.

I can't eat or sleep when you're not with me.

Baby, you're the air I breathe.

This is critical, yeah. So stuck on you

-"Critical" by the Jonas Brothers.

____________________________________________

A/N: I m so sorry for not updating yesterday guys. I hope I made up for it with this update! Let me know what you think :))

They freaking kissed! Hurrah for all those Niz shippers :D