Katherine narrowed her eyes, "What do you mean?"

"I'm not certain," Alexis admitted as she stood in front of the door and held the handle, "But it's not really something I can explain."

Before Katherine could even query, the door opened and closed in almost an instant which left her alone to her thoughts; she scoffed at her disappearance as she rubbed her temples for a moment. What a strange girl, she thought as she pulled her duvet up and stared at the ceiling, only to realise that the lights were still on. Reluctantly, she sat up but felt her body too cold to stand up and decided to lie back down, then pull a pillow over her head - far too lazy to get up.

The softness of the pillow soon rendered her asleep, allowing the darkness to take over as soon as it covered the light. As Katherine emerged into her realm of dreams, she only found darkness; not a single speck of light to a point that even her body was engulfed by the abyss -making her appear phantasmal.

Where am I? she wondered as she took a step into the void.

Well if it isn't the wolf from a week ago, the darkness spoke to her as she searched the abyss for this voice.

What?

And she can hear me here too! Fascinating!

What are you talking about?

But still a little too oblivious, what a shame.

Huh?

Ugh, dear child are you that stupid to not know anything?

Where am I?

How odd. You don't know where you are yet you willingly came here.

How?

A figure in white entered the darkness - the voice manifested itself - and stood tall in front of her with broad shoulders as the figure in white, faceless and sleek, offered a hand to her. Katherine stood there and examined the being for a second, trying to understand what it was trying to tell her, but her brain could not come up with an answer.

Wait, this is just a dream.

A dream you say? How intriguing.

I can just conjure you away.

Katherine tried to banish the figure and the darkness, but no matter how much she willed them away, they did not disappear, which left her to think everything out of the ordinary. Taking a step back, Katherine tried to look down at her body and lifted her hands to only the darkness even as the figure's light illuminated her completely.

You are a fascinating wolf, I dare say, the figure spoke as it crossed its arms as though examining her, Since you're already here, why don't you and I play a game?

A game?

Yes, but it won't be that hard.

If I refuse?

Then I shall depart. I have no interest in you other than the fact that you came here on your own accord.

It took Katherine a second to take in her words and asked herself, what does she mean by that? The question boggled her mind as she tried to find a concrete explanation to what this being meant. Was she not in her own mind? Or better yet, in her own body?

Well, since you're uncooperative, I shall bid you adieu, the figure bowed and turned about, pacing away as Katherine reached out to her.

Wait! She called out as the figure looked over its shoulder, I'll play.