Silly Dumb Boy, When Will You Learn?

Hey everyone! I just wanted to stop and say thank you to all of those who have added me to their fans in the past week and have really encouraged me to keep going! You guys really mean alot to me- every single one of you and I couldn't be more thankful for your support.

Now that the gushy moment is over, on to the story!

xo,

Sierra

_____________________________________________________________________________

  I woke up the next morning with a pulsating headache. Groaning at the sound of my alarm, I flipped back over. Out of all the days I’ve never been prepared for, this one definitely cut the cake. I hadn’t even been prepared when Carlie had called me at 2am sobbing about her recent heartbreak. I pursed my lips at the thought. Well, Carlie had a lot of those. 

  As I sat up, all of what conspired the night before flashed into my mind. A deal…I had made a deal with the damn devil. No, the antichrist. Whatever, all three of them sucked. What have I gotten myself into? After Grant had left (of course, with a few snide remarks about my cloths, my house, blah blah blah), I had to relay each disgusting and grueling detail to Chance. Her entire face lit up with excitement.

 “You two are going to be so cute together!” she squealed, rolling around on my bed in a fit of excitement. A dark cloud fell over my face as I said: “I’m not going to be dating him, but he’s going to help me. Aren’t you even listening?” Chance merely laughed off my words and continued to babble on about what our super human-babies would look like.

    Lovely.

  A wail escaped me as I stepped out into the wooden hallway. The floor might as well have been made of ice. I tiptoed to the bathroom and tried to hide my whines of protest. I could already tell I was going to hate today. Hopping into the shower, I inhaled the smell of my raspberry shampoo and smiled. I scurried back into my room and dressed in a haste. Throwing on denim shorts and v-neck shirt tucked only in the front, I swung down the stairs. Maybe if I hurry I can have time for-

 “What the fu- Get. The hell. Out,” I hissed, the muscles in my neck clenching. Grant Sumner- God forbid who was sane enough to let him in- sat at my kitchen island and ate the last of my favorite cereal. The hazelnut-haired teen looked lazily at me. 

 “MMmmorning,” he mumbled before eating again. My whole body stood stalk still and I took deep breaths. It was too early for this.

 “Who the hell let you in?” I demanded, trying to keep my voice intimidating. It was hard to when it shook from mainly fright and annoyance. I mean, how many times do you wake up with some stranger in your house?

 The eerily calm boy shrugged. Talk about being rude. I scowled and rolled my eyes. Upon sensing my agitation, Grant sighed. With one quick flick of his wrist, he hurled something small and shiny at my face. My hands flew up in defense, miraculously catching the object: a key.

 “Where did you get this?” I asked, shocked. We only had one spare… It was Grant's turn to roll his eyes. “From that shitty hiding spot under the welcome mat.”

 I felt my cheeks flush in disbelief. I couldn’t believe he found it. Grant Sumner had no sense of morality what so ever.

 “You just committed a breaking and entering- a crime, might I add- and you‘re sitting here like I won‘t turn you in!” Grant blinked at me dully like a cat, as if my words didn’t apply to him. 

 “I’m calling the cops,” I sighed and stomped to the living room. If I hadn’t known better, I would’ve assumed that Grant moved as fast as he did just for the fun of it. But it was probably the threat of the authorities that set him off. Enfolding both of my hands in his as I grabbed the phone, a rush of adrenaline shot through me. The touch sent chills down to the core of my bones as Grant leaned over my bent form and said incoherently: “You wouldn’t dare.”