Numb Belligerence

Começar do início

Cecilia studied her for a second, "Okay, you don't have to tell me everything," she told her, "Just the ones you want me to know."

"For real?" Hailey raised a brow, "I imagined you to ask for everything."

Cecilia chuckled, "I respect you, so I'll wait for you to tell me when you feel like it."

"Thanks, Cecil."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"How was your day?"

Katherine shrugged in response; her eyes locked at the sky.

"You haven't spoken for an hour now, Kath."

She kept her mouth in a line once again.

"Hey," Ori cupped her cheek and gently slid it to the side to meet her eyes, "Talk to me, Kath."

Katherine smiled small, but her eyes remained the same - listless and indifferent, "I'm sorry," she leant into Ori's hand, "I'm still getting used to the chair."

"I can always carry you if you want," Ori offered with a smirk as Katherine gave a small smile, "But you do have to get used to it until the next full moon," she told her as she rubbed circles around her cheek, "I won't always be there to help you."

Katherine's frowned for a moment, "You don't have to be."

"You don't want me to?" Ori asked curiously as she stared into Katherine's grey eyes as though looking for something in them; the grey of her eyes had gone dull over the past few days that she wondered if she was the cause.

Katherine took a deep breath, "I don't know, Ori," she removed her hand gently and sat up using her elbows, "To be honest with you," she spoke as she kept her gaze in the open sky, "I don't know what we are."

Opening her mouth, Ori held her tongue back before she spoke after she realised what she meant. There was nothing between them and all they did was hung out; nothing more than friends who had shared a very passionate kiss. It has been two weeks since then. A part of her was content with this placement and did not wish to venture further than friends, but the other wanted to know if they can go further.

Will Katherine even agree?

Turning to her chair, Katherine pulled it close and she fumbled onto it clumsily whilst Ori sprung up to help her, but Katherine held a hand up and prevented her from helping. The blonde junior nodded reluctantly as she watched Katherine adjust herself on the metal chair, then saw her let out a sigh of relief before moving it.

"You should go," Katherine told her as she rolled her chair out of the glade they have been visiting for a while now, "The sun's setting and you've stuff to do," she explained as she rolled her chair carefully over the roots, "I want to be alone for a moment."

Ori shook her head, "I don't want to leave you alone here, Kath," she followed her pace, "Who knows what could happen to you out here?" she explained as she placed a hand on her shoulder, "I don't think it's safe for you to be-"

"Ori," Katherine called her name in a much firmer tone as if commanding her to follow, "I want to be alone."

"But-"

"Please," Katherine interrupted her as she placed a hand over hers as if to convince her, "I won't be long," she told her without looking at her, "I promise."

A soft sigh escaped Ori's lips as she nodded silently and retracted her hand from under Katherine's. She leant over to kiss her cheek but attained not even a smile from her before she walked away to keep her word; she did not wish to, but the slight quiver yet firm sound in Katherine's voice convinced her enough to leave.