Chapter Thirty: Happy Anniversary

Sansa smiled waking up to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers, she stared at them for a moment knowing that she couldn't believe that it had been a year since she had gotten back together with Marco. 

Sansa slowly sat up and took the small note that was attached to the flowers, she knew that he would want to make this special since it was the first time that they'd gotten the chance to do this. 

Sansa couldn't believe how quickly the year had gone and she knew that it wouldn't be long now before their baby arrived and then it was their wedding; she was a little excited with everything that had been done. 

Manuela had been wonderful as had Marco's sisters as it came to pulling together the wedding that the couple wanted; the invites had gone out and the venue had been booked, they were moving through the list of things that needed to be done. 

Sansa smelled the flowers, she had a feeling this wasn't the last gift that Marco had up his sleeve; she was a little excited to see what he had plans. 

Sansa climbed completely out of bed and started to get ready for the day, her fingers brushed against the bump that she was now carrying and she was so happy. 

This pregnancy was going a lot better than Sansa's pregnancy with Finn, she was a lot more relaxed and she hoped that things were going to be just fine for the rest of it. 

Sansa couldn't imagine what was going to happen when she went into labour but she was hopeful that Marco would be there; she didn't know if she could go through this without him by her side. 

Leaving the bedroom and heading downstairs, Sansa was surprised by how quiet it was and she guessed that Marco had taken Finn to school now that he actually had a driving licence. 

Sansa grinned spotting the decorated breakfast table, she could only imagine what Marco had planned for the rest of the day for them both,

***

Marco grinned wrapping his arm around Sansa's shoulders, he couldn't help but be pleased that they had made it this far and he was sure that they would make it; he wanted nothing more than to focus on them. 

The couple were expecting a baby in July and Marco was determined to be there for the birth, he hoped to be home from the Euros by then and he knew that it would be worth it. 

"You look beautiful," Marco whispered into Sansa's ear, he peeked down at the bump that was just hidden under her floral print jersey swing dress that she was wearing. 

Sansa blushed smiling at Marco, he was being so sweet and it had been a lovely surprise when he had insisted on taking her out to lunch; she knew that things couldn't have been better for them. 

Marco smiled opening the door to the restaurant and letting Sansa step inside, he loved when they had time like this and he knew that things were only going to get busier when their baby boy was born. 

"Reservation under Reus," Marco said as he wrapped his arm back around Sansa, he liked to keep her close and since they wouldn't be able to go out for dinner later; he wanted to treat her to a nice lunch. 

The hostess nodded her head before she started to lead to their table, Marco took Sansa's hand as they followed the hostess to their table; he whispered softly in Sansa's ear before they took their seats. 

"You didn't have to do this," Sansa told him carefully sitting down, she rested a hand on her bump feeling the baby move around a lot and she couldn't believe that they didn't have long left. 

Marco chuckled moving to sit down, he laced his fingers with Sansa wanting to stay close to her; he adored moments like this between them.

"I wanted to do something special," Marco teased wishing that he could do more, they would be getting married in four months and before that they'd have a baby; things were going to be crazy and he hoped that things would be okay. 

Sansa smiled, they wanted nothing more than to be okay when they had their baby; they wanted nothing more than to focus on them for a little while. 

Marco was going to be busy with the internationals coming up and Sansa was going to make sure that she watched every match that he played in on television since she wouldn't be able to travel to France to watch him play with Germany. 

Sansa brushed some hair from her face and picked up her menu, she was hungry and she was sure that Marco was as well since he had been at training all morning; he would have only had toast for breakfast. 

"Sansa," said a voice making Sansa freeze, she slowly looked up and at the woman on the next table to them; she really hadn't thought that this would be how they would met again. 

Marco glared at the two people across from them, he was far from pleased to see Sansa's parents especially when they had turned their backs on Sansa while she was pregnant with Finn; he couldn't forgive that in anyway. 

Catherine Farber stared at her only daughter, she had never thought that she would see her again and she knew that this wasn't the place that she had expected to see her in either. 

Catherine peeked at Marco, she had no idea that he had gotten back together with Sansa; she wondered when that had happened since she had thought that Leila would have told her about this. 

Edward Farber stared at the couple across from them, he was surprised to see Sansa looking so well; he regretted what he had done when she had told him what had happened but he had done it to protect her from the ugly rumours that were being spread.

Catherine opened and closed her mouth, she wanted to throw her arms around Sansa and tell her how much she had missed her; she wanted to know why Sansa had never responded to her letters. 

The two couples were silent for a moment as the shock of this reunion set in, no one was sure what to say and the awkwardness set in; it was only when Marco got to his feet that the spell seemed to be broken. 

"We'll leave," Marco said not wanting to upset Sansa, he helped his fiancée to her feet before he lead her out of the restaurant and away from her parents. 

Sansa didn't say a word, she had no idea what to think of seeing her parents like that she didn't even know what they were doing in Dortmund during this time of the day. 

"Sansa," Catherine called jumping to her feet and running after her daughter, she ignored Edward's calls for her to come back; she couldn't just let Sansa walk away like this again. 

Leila had told her to give Sansa some space after what had happened, she had promised to give Sansa the letters that Catherine had sent every month and it had hurt that her own daughter hadn't written back to her. 

"Sansa please just talk to me," Catherine pleaded rushing out of the restaurant, she had seen the engagement ring and seen the papers but she had stayed away at Leila's insistence because she was told that was what Sansa wanted. 

Marco helped Sansa into the car before he turned to face Catherine, he had thought the woman loved her daughter but that clearly wasn't the case. 

"She doesn't want to speak to you," Marco snapped pushing passed Catherine so that he could get into the car, he ignored her as she tried to plead with him for a chance to explain what had happened.