Chapter Nine: Meeting Marco's Terms

“Mama,” Finn whispered clutching at his mother’s hand as he stared up at the house that they were stood outside, he didn’t know what was going on only that they wouldn’t be living with Aunt Leila anymore.

Sansa took a deep breath as she brushed her fingers through her son’s hair, she knew this wasn’t going to be easy for them but they truly didn’t have any choice in the matter if they wanted the money for his treatment.

“Are you sure that you want to do this?” Aunt Leila asked looking at Sansa, she knew that her niece was caught in a tough place and she hated that Marco was taking advantage of that to get what he wanted.

Aunt Leila wanted Finn to get treatment but she felt that there had to be another way than what Sansa had agreed to do for Marco; she was moving in with the footballer and would be working for him until the debt was paid off.

“I don’t have much of a choice… I’m doing this for Finn,” Sansa murmured not wanting to fight with her aunt again, she knew that Aunt Leila meant well but there was no other way and Finn needed his treatment as soon as possible.

Aunt Leila huffed not pleased at all, she had argued with Sansa until she was blue in the face but that wasn’t going to change the fact that her niece had already agreed to Marco’s terms.

Sansa was still in love with Marco and Aunt Leila knew that, she feared that the footballer was only going to hurt her niece and she hated that he was using her need to pay for Finn’s treatment against her.

Finn looked up between his mother and great aunt, he knew that they had been arguing a lot in the past week but he didn’t know why; he was sure that it was something to do with the fact that he was sick.

Hearing the front door open, Aunt Leila pursed her lips as she turned to look at Marco; she wasn’t going to forgive him for this and she hoped he didn’t worm his way back into Sansa’s life.

“Leila,” Marco greeted climbing down the steps of his house, he could see that she was far from happy about this and he knew that she wouldn’t trust him; he was doing what he thought best no matter what she thought.

Aunt Leila huffed and moved to get Sansa’s suitcase from the back of her car, the blonde didn’t own much neither did Finn so it hadn’t taken them long to pack up and move.

Marco sighed shaking his head, he knew how all of this much seem especially since he would only pay for Finn’s treatment if Sansa and her son moved in with him and Sansa worked for him for a while.

Marco wanted better for them and he had seen how cramped Aunt Leila’s apartment was and he knew that it couldn’t carry on; Sansa and Finn shared a room and had done for years it was time that the four year old had a room of his own.

“Is that everything?” Marco murmured eyeing the two suitcases, it wasn’t a lot and it made his stomach turn at how bad things had gotten for Sansa; he had questioned her about what had happened and he was shocked at how far she had fallen.

Sansa nodded her head, she wasn’t ashamed about how little she owned not when she spent whatever money she had making sure that Finn had everything that he needed.

“You must be Finn,” Marco mused crouching down to speak with the little boy, he could see parts of Sansa in the little boy but he could also see Connor in Finn as well.

Finn nodded his head shyly, he peeked at the footballer knowing that he had seen him before and he wondered why they were going to live with him; he clung onto his mother’s leg not wanting to let go.

“He’s a little shy,” Sansa teased watching Marco, she wasn’t sure how this would work out when everyone else found out that she was going to be living with Marco; she doubted anyone would be happy about this.

Marco was doing a wonderful thing for them and Sansa was going to repay him in any way that she could; she wanted Finn better and this was the only way to do it.

“I’ll take it from here,” Marco stated looking to Aunt Leila, he wanted to get Sansa and Finn settled in his home and he knew that Aunt Leila had a business to run; she was welcome to visit when things had settled down.

Sansa was silent as she looked at her aunt, she didn’t want to fight when Aunt Leila was the only family that she had anymore; she didn’t want to lose her not when Finn would need his family around him.

“Of course you will,” Aunt Leila spat before she turned and walked away to her car, she wasn’t happy about this and she wished Sansa could see that Marco was taking advantage of her situation.

Aunt Leila could only imagine what the footballer had planned and she feared that Sansa was letting her feeling cloud her vision; she was going to get hurt when she realised that Marco was using her.

Marco stared after Aunt Leila as she drove away without saying goodbye, he could only imagine what she thought of him after all of this but that didn’t matter to him.

“Shall we go inside?” Marco asked looking between Sansa and Finn, he moved to get their bags knowing that they needed to get inside; he didn’t want Finn getting sick when he had an operation scheduled for next week.

Sansa nodded her head taking Finn’s hand, she prayed that her aunt was wrong and that Marco wasn’t using her; she just wanted to believe that he was doing something good for her because he still cared.

***

“Thank you for this,” Sansa whispered looking to Marco, she was surprised that he had given Finn his own room and she had no idea what to say to him; he was doing so much for her even after what happened.

Finn was thrilled with the idea of having his own room and no longer having to share with his mother, he was a lot more relaxed now and Sansa had warned him to be careful not to break anything.

“It’s no problem,” Marco replied with a shrug of his shoulders, he was glad that Sansa was here with him and that he could have her close again.

Marco was sure that their agreement would be good for them, he wanted Sansa to be happy and he knew that working for him meant that she would be able to get herself back on her feet.

“I’m happy that I could help,” Marco continued his eyes watching Sansa, he wanted to get to know her again and having her live with him seemed like the best way to have her close to him.

Marco was still in love with Sansa, he always had been and it was the reason that he had kept putting off moving on with his life; she was what had always mattered to him.

However Marco had no idea how Sansa felt, the terms that he had offered might have been for his own gain to have her close and safe with him but he would have given her the money even if she had said no.

Marco knew it was selfish, he was taking advantage a little of the fact that she needed help; he hated himself for that but having Sansa and Finn here with him, he hadn’t been able to pass that fact up.

Sansa stared at her ex-boyfriend, he was looking at her like he had when they had been dating; she swallowed wanting to know what he was thinking especially since they hadn’t really talked about what would happen now that he knew the truth.

Sansa stopped herself, she had to focus on Finn instead of her own life her son needed her right now and she doubted Marco wanted her back.